Galaxy S6 Touchscreen Issues?
ksircy24
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought a Galaxy S6 2 weeks ago and the screen suddenly becomes unresponsive.  In order to swipe down from the top to bring up the settings menu I usually have to touch it 3 or 4 times for it to respond.  Texting is hit or miss, as it rarely responds to the letters that I'm trying to touch.  I've rebooted, started in safe mode, and it still has the same unresponsive issues.  Anyone else with this problem?  Very, very frustrating to have a new phone act like this.

Labels (1)
Re: Galaxy S6 Touchscreen Issues?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can either return this to the phone for Exchange, or RMA the device with Samsung. Before doing so, make sure there isn't a screen protector to blame, or excessive amounts of oil on the phone's display.

0 Likes
SmilesofBleu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased a brand new Samsung 6 on December 5th and working right out of the box...and it was perfect. A few days later there was an update that needed to be installed and this puzzled me because I didn't understand why it needed to be updated if it was a new phone. Everything up to this point worked fine. Right after the update I noticed the touch screen lagged constantly and sometimes I was trying to bring down the top menu three or four times before it would stick. Keep in mind I'm pressing down much harder than I should have to on this phone. I took the phone back after two frustrating weeks and talked to one of the associates and he change this and that in it appeared to get better.

On January 2nd I took the phone back after being very frustrated with the constant touchscreen issue at which time it was replaced with a brand new one...  to make your problem go away but nothing worked. The sales associates, who were very helpful, also noticed the phone lagging as well. When the new phone was booted up it work perfectly no lagging at all and I barely had to touch it in order to get it to squirrel or move from page to page. Just like with the first phone two days later I get a notice that it needs to be updated I kept putting it off thinking it was going to screw up my phone again and finally I said okay maybe it wasn't that after all. I did I finally did the update and lo and behold here we are again! Something about that update is glitchy and it never should have been released to begin with. So now here I sit with a phone that I really don't like (but want to) anymore and everytime I type something in a text it takes me twice as long unless I verbally recite the the message I want to send. I've already received the 1 free exchange that Verizon will give you so it looks like I'm stuck with this phone for 2 long years. I've always used Android but this issue is making the iPhone look really really good.

0 Likes
jeangenie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this same issue.  Bought the phone in late Nov with no problems, but I agree...ever since I upgraded the software.  This is very frustrating and obnoxious.  I have a screen protector on the phone (purchased with the phone and applied by Verizon) and based on the fact that it worked fine to begin with, I don't think it's that.

VERIZON, what are you doing to address this issue.  I'm getting ready to toss this phone!!

MrsDJT1030
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same phone... same problem... the keyboard is completely screwed up. And it was fine before the last update. Actually, it was perfect before the last 2 updates. You used to be able to type whatever you wanted and if the phone auto corrected all you had to do was back space and it put it back the way you typed it. Now that's gone and the keyboard is unresponsive as hell!!

Please fix this issue .. why do we pay these ridiculous service fees and device payments if the device is glitchy due to a faulty update???

JamesBennett551
Enthusiast - Level 2

same phone... same issue after update.

--

got the s6 dec 23rd after s4 died hard.  (power button solder issue) phone was great and I loved it, much faster than s4.  same issue as everyone else here.  after the last updates it is completely unusable at times.  other times works just as expected but for like 20 minutes or so.  Very disappointed as I paid over $1000 for 64 gb and warranty.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JamesBennett551, I can understand your concern related to this issue. I want to make sure that your Galaxy S6 is working like it should. When did you actually do the update on the device? Has there been any other changes to your device recently (new 3rd party applicaitons from the Play Store)? Do you ever get any kind of errors come up on the screen? Please keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JamesBennett551
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I am just going to start my own thread with links to all the posts about issues with Verizon Galaxy S6 in the last month.

Donkeymeat2

I was having the same problem and after checking all the forums about this problem and trying all the fixes my phone was still unresponsive. I was about to throw my phone when I was using the internet I saw how many items I had in my history. I cleared my history and cookies and BAAM my touchscreen works perfect again! I don't know how but clearing the internet history completely fixed my phone and I haven't had a problem since. I hope this advice works for the rest of you because I know how frustrating it is.

0 Likes