Galaxy S6 Bad Signal Strength
dmc32986

I recently left AT&T because my S6 edge, out of the blue, stopped getting a good signal and AT&T, after a multitude of other issues, told me they would not replace my phone until they've done some networks tests, which should be completed within 2 weeks. I left them, and came to Verizon and bought a regular S6. My reception has been fine for about 10 days, then, all of a sudden, I'm down to 1 bar of 3G or 2 bars of 1x while at work, where I have been getting 3 bars of 4GLTE. My AT&T variant was fine for 3 weeks, then started losing signal strength at work and eventually went to zero coverage. I was in "emergency calls only". I still seem to have good coverage with my phone elsewhere, but the way my AT&T phone was more of a degrading process and I don't want the same thing to happen to this phone.

I have advanced calling enabled. I've tried changing to LTE/CDMA. No avail. If this is seriously a "it's a Samsung problem, deal with it until they fix it" scenario, then I may have to switch this phone out for something different. I just don't know what to do anymore and I can't find a fix anywhere. Anyone have any experience with this or thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S6 Bad Signal Strength
Snn5
Legend

Better decide what you want to do in less than 4 days then.  After that, the phone and service are yours.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You could contact them via Chat and see if there is problems in the area also.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
dmc32986

I want you to be comfortable with you phone & service. Let me look into this for you. Can I get the zip code you are having trouble in? I'd like to see if there are any known issues in your area.

BryanS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dmc32986

I have been on with chat from Verizon. He said there are no known issues in the area, but my zip is 43017.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You should get 4G. I'd go into Verizon corporate and see about a new SIM card.

0 Likes
trebordet

On Friday July 24, 2015 I took my 10-day-old Galaxy S6 to a business convention in Parsippany, NJ. 4G LTE data worked fine but when I tried to make a call it showed "1x" and the word "dialing" appeared but it never rang or connected. I tried inside the hotel and also walked all over the parking lot and it still would not allow me to make a call. In addition when I called my number from another phone (AT&T) my phone did not ring and a recorded message said "The Verizon customer you are trying to reach is not available at this time". It did not even route the call to me voice mail! Parsippany, NJ is at the intersection of Routes 80 and 287. This is one of the most populous and busiest parts of the country with solid red on the coverage map. The next day (Saturday) it still displayed "1x" but I was able to call out and receive calls. Then on Sunday it was inoperative again. Someone on the web suggest activating "Advanced Calling" which I did and the result was the same. I could not call out or receive calls. I also have a Moto G backup phone activated on PagePlus 3G service (a Verizon MVNO operating on the Verizon network) and it worked normally. At this time I am back in Pennsylvania and my S6 appears to be working. Should I return the phone before the 14 day period has passed? Can anyone recommend a Verizon phone that I can depend on?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you port your number over to Verizon? Or you just upgraded to a different phone? Is your old phone turned off and SIM card removed?

0 Likes
trebordet

I upgraded from a Galaxy S4 that now has a Consumer Cellular (AT&T MVNO) SIM card in it and is active on that network. The Verizon SIM was removed from that phone.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

That is very strange. One thing you could try is a different SIM card. They will give you one for free from Verizon corporate store. You could go in and get one and then have the sales associate call you, or bring a friend and test it in the parking lot etc. If it doesn't work then I would consider returning it.

0 Likes