Galaxy S5 won't play individual message tones?
Rubes814

We have 3 new Samsung Galaxy S5 phones and two out of the three are working fine. However this third one won't play the individual message tone that's set up per contact in the contacts list, it will only play the generalized message/notification tone. I've compared it with the others and everything looks like it's set up the same. I don't know what to do to fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S5 won't play individual message tones?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

1. Go to contacts from any screen.

2. tap the contact you want.

3. tap pencil in upper right.

4. tap ringtone.

5. pick your contact’s ringtone and tap ok.

6.In the next screen tap save ,upper right. Your new contact's ringtone is ready to use.       Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Rubes814

Thank you for the response! Unfortunately, we already have those all set up... but when it receives a text from someone that should have their own personal message tone, it just plays the general message tone instead. None of the personal ones are working when receiving a text but we have them all set up. I personally didn't set this phone up but I set the other two up and they work. However, I compared this phone with the two I set up and they look the same? But this one doesn't work... any ideas for that by chance? Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rubes814,

Let's see what's going on. Here is a link to Samsung support http://www.samsung.com/us/support/. When did you purchase your new Galaxy S5? If it can't be resolved, remember that you have a 14 day worry free guarantee.

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Rubes814

We ordered this one on Nov. 26th, so we're out of the 14 day guarantee 😕 it won't pop up the model number when I try to send Samsung an email through that link you sent me so I'm probably going to have to call or live chat when I get the chance. Thank you for that link though!

0 Likes