Galaxy S5 latest Verizon update Battery issues
KelleyK

I did the verizon Galaxy S5 update 7/7/2015 and it is eating up my battery life and phone gets hot. Never and I mean never had a issue with the battery life. Went to bed with 75% and woke up and the phone had 20%. Usually uses 10 to 15%. The update was done before I went to bed. Any solutions out there?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S5 latest Verizon update Battery issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate  you reaching out to us, KelleyK.

We are concerned to see the battery decrease since the most recent update.

First go through the apps to make sure they are all current. Also check to make sure all apps are closed and not running/processing in the back. This will help if you power off/on.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Next time you fully charge it and then let it run down to 20% or below, look under settings>battery and see what top 5 apps and at what % they are using.

0 Likes
Iceman0

Umm I'd say negative to that. Unless the update installed a app that stays open. My problem started same time.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I have an S5, I know it's possible to see the battery usage. If you want to confirm it's the OS, then look under settings>battery. It will tell you if it's a certain app, OS, screen etc.

I don't quite follow your response...are you here to solve the problem or just discuss your irritation?

0 Likes
Iceman0

Top usage is the android system.

0 Likes