Galaxy S5 - keep getting warning Backup canceled. Make sure you have a data connection and try again.
gman69

keep getting warning Backup canceled. Make sure you have a data connection and try again.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S5 - keep getting warning Backup canceled. Make sure you have a data connection and try again.
Nixtaurus
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is the link to Kbhmd's response he got from custom support.  I have not tried it yet since it is kind of complicated:

Backup canceled on S6

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S5 - keep getting warning Backup canceled. Make sure you have a data connection and try again.
clanmcmichael

Yes, me too.  Just got the phone this weekend.  I've set Cloud to backup only at night, yet it keeps trying to connect all day long, burning up battery and interrupting apps.  Tells me to check the network connection, and "switching to Wifi," but it's already on Wifi.  Driving me insane.  Love my new phone except for this!

0 Likes
Nixtaurus
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having this same exact problem.  Any ideas on how to fix?  I can't even tell what app is generating the error.

0 Likes
Kjoarcik
Enthusiast - Level 1

Following this to see what our solution is....

Kbhmd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Posted answer to this issue on a different discussion string. Don't know how to send yall to that one, or I would. A quick search of warning backup canceled should pull up a string where I posted the answer! Hope this helps yall out!

0 Likes
Nixtaurus
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is the link to Kbhmd's response he got from custom support.  I have not tried it yet since it is kind of complicated:

Backup canceled on S6

0 Likes