Re: Galaxy S5 echo issue?
morepower

I got the phone about a month ago.  My wife told me about the echo, but she just upgraded to an iPhone and we thought the issue was her phone.  Apparently not.  This seems to be built in to the SIMM cards.  They all need to be recalled and the provider should tell us.  I will speak with my rep tomorrow.

0 Likes
kcpamp

My husband and I got these phones 3 days ago and got Life Proof cases for them. He noticed the following day that he could hear himself echo when using the new blue tooth we purchased at the same time. Today, he called me without using the blue tooth and the echo/interference was SO bad that we all we hear was a very loud and weird audible tone (think alien machines or something of the sort). We made numerous test calls to each other and other people and no matter what, one end of the phone call always had an echo. I removed the Life Proof case from my phone and the problem was solved immediately. I called my husband (he heard no issues on his blue tooth) and told him to do the same. He then called me without using the blue tooth and everything was normal. I will be returning the Life Proof cases tomorrow and will hope that we will not be charged a restocking fee for them as they cause the phones to operate defectively.

0 Likes
mipilot
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is the deal with these phones?  My new Samsung Galaxy S5 does the same thing: an echo, broken conversation missing every other word, etc.  I have now seen this all over the internet -I just wish that I had seen it BEFORE I bought this phone and accessories.  What is the latest from your tech people, and what can you do to resolve this?  It seems like they were guessing with the sim card and other fixes that really didn't work.

mipilot
Enthusiast - Level 2

By the way, like the other people complaining, it doesn't echo if I use the speaker or Bluetooth.

0 Likes
mipilot
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife describes my voice as being clear, but almost like a feedback issue, as HER voice is repeated a split second later.  She says that it is VERY confusing, hearing herself as she tries to talk to me.  I have tried changing noise suppression settings and other options -no change.  This is a VERY expensive phone, your latest and greatest -and people are asking me to call them back on a regular phone because they can't carry on a conversation with me on it!

0 Likes
morepower

Sent for a replacement phone. New one works well. I am glad because I love the phone. 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
Andisbabies

I am on my 3rd Samsung Galaxy S5, they have all had the echo issue. I have tried everything that has been listed above; new SIM card, safety mode, factory reset, powering on and off. I've called Samsung the problem with Samsung is they want you to send your phone back then they will send you a  new one about 5 days AFTER they receive yours. My daughter also has this phone and it works perfectly. I have spent so much TIME standing in line at the Verizon store and on hold having to use my land line. Now what???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Andisbabies  Having multiple phones with the same issue can be more than frustrating. We want you to love your phone and be able to experience good audio quality. You mentioned your daughter has the same phone with out issues. Are there any differences such as software versions? (You can check under settings, about phone baseband and build versions). Do you have a ottorbox or case, use any type of bluetooth devices etc?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
bigdog5

Turn OFF the app TalkBack by Google.  It's interfering causing an echo on the SamsungGalaxy S5.  People would complain to me when I am on the speakerphone that they hear an echo of my voice. 

0 Likes
Humpa1

Thanks so much for posting on this old thread!

That fixed my problem. Both my Voyager Pro and my Bose had some irritating digital echo. Turning off TalkBack solved it.

0 Likes