Galaxy S5 echo issue?
Zkauffman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just upgraded to a Galaxy S5 and the person that I am talking to is hearing an echo of themselves. The problem goes away when I switch to speaker phone. My wife has the same phone and is having no issues. I have tried talking with the case off with no change. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Re: Galaxy S5 echo issue?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get it figured out, Zkauffman!

Do you hear an echo on your end too or is it just the other end? Have you tried to reset the device by powering it off and removing the sim card? Did you have this issue previously?

I am looking forward to hearing back from you so that I can better assist.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

este13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem as described above.  The person on the other line hears an echo, unless I am on speakphone.  I tried turning off noise cancelling and the enhanced provacy.  Still had an echo.  Took it out of the case did not solve the problem either.  I tried what you suggested, taking out the sim card.and that did not solve the problem either.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having same issue with the echo este13! Thanks for all you've tried. Please try lowering volume while on call. This may be the simple fix. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JimboSlice1982
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had the same issue.  Discovered the SIM card was faulty.  Called tech support, took the SIM out of old S3 and activated that.  Fixed the echo issue, no problem since!

B33
Legend

I would try replacing the Sim as a first option, when it's being replaced make sure the Gold area of it is not touch as this can lead to issues,  If the Sim replacement does not fix the issue then I would Have your Local store DOA your S5 and get another one especially if your under your 14 Day return window.. If they do DOA it for ya see if the new phone has the Sim pre-installed in it)   if it does see if the Rep can leave it as it is that way there worry of the card being touched..

Hope this helps.. to solve the IssueSmiley Happy b33

MLSyring
Enthusiast - Level 3

My wife and I have the same issue.  I have the white, she has the black S5.  Every call it happens.  I've been trying to work with help on Twitter, but have not solved the issue yet.  I have taken the SIM out (but not exchanged it) and it did not help.  I will probably have to go to a VZW store to get a new SIM.

This is VERY frustrating.  I came over to VZW after 12+yrs at Sprint and this is really putting a black mark on what otherwise has been awesome service/data speeds.  I had to excuse myself from a conference call at work due to the echo...not good for me at all...

este13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got on the phone with support and after they called me and heard the echo they sent me out a new phone since it was in the 14 day window.  I got the new replacement up and running, made test calls and all is fine now.

B33
Legend

Hey that's excellentSmiley Happy with the S5 just being re-leased there may have been a few units out there that are incurring this issue.. After a few months this issue may play out and go away..

MBW19
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just bought my Samsung S5 yesterday and have the same echo problem.  The caller hears this annoying feedback when they speak with me.  It is eliminated if I use the speaker phone or bluetooth function.

Called Verizon - they didn't have a clue.  They recommended that I reset the phone which I did without improvement.I googled this and found the same problem for people who had the Samsung S2 and S3.  You'd think that Samsung would have fixed this by now.  Very disappointing.