Galaxy S5 Have To Dial A Number Twice
FlightMedic
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is pretty much ridiculous.

I Have a Galaxy S5.

I work in zip code 74501.

every time I dial a number I'm asked to renter the ten digit number I'm dialing.

i talked to what you regard as tech support and they say it's because I'm roaming.

my other coworkers who are Verizon customers don't have that error.

it befuddles me that a communication  technology ggiant like Verizon can not develope and implement a fix for this.

this doesn't make me confident in remaining with Verizon

Seriously, what's the solution?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S5 Have To Dial A Number Twice
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FlightMedic,

That is definitely odd and we want to ensure that your service and device are working as they should. Reviewing the area, it would definitely be an extended network and may have some challenges. Have you been in this location before without this occurring? Do your coworkers have similar devices to you? What model of device are we working with? Are calls still going through ok?

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FlightMedic
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is an ongoing issue that I'm sick of dealing with. There are three

others who have no issues, all of us with Verizon Galaxy S5. I'm the only

one having to redial every number. One of your tech people, months ago said

it was because of the extended network. Why am I the only one dealing with

the issue?

Why can't a giant Luke Verizon have better roaming agreements where this

isn't necessar

On May 30, 2015 12:45 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Could be as simple as replacing the SIM card for free at a Verizon Corporate store, or waiting 10 days via FedEx by calling Verizon or ordering a free SIM from My Verizon online.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Does your phone say you are roaming or in an extended network?

You can try a number of things, but the tech department may have already suggested them; resetting network settings? removing sim card and replacing? Doing an entire settings reset?

0 Likes
FlightMedic
Enthusiast - Level 1

yes, it says Extended Network.

New SIM card (no luck)

Reset my network setting (no luck)

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you're in an extended network area you're not on Verizon towers, you're on another carriers (still included in your plan, not extra charge) but I can't help but wonder if that's why. What happens when you travel to a different area where you aren't on an extended network?

0 Likes