Galaxy S4 shutting down when using pictures
fweesie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I started having this problem over a month ago. When texting pictures or uploading to Instagram, my phone would randomly shut down. I contacted chat support and did a factory reset. The problem continued to happen so I contacted chat support again and they sent me a new phone. It continued to happen. I contacted chat support again and they had me do another factory reset. It happened again, contacted support again and they sent me a new SIM card. It just happened again.

It's happened when I've had all my apps on my phone and when I've had none (I have downloaded none in the time this has been happening because what's the point in setting up my phone if I'm going to have to do a factory reset again or get a new phone?).

I currently have the following apps on my phone: Instagram, Twitter, Waze, PicsArt, CM Security, USAA, Hi-Q MP3 Rec and PayPal. If that helps.

After 5+ hours online with chat support and the trouble, Verizon gave me a lousy $8 credit for my trouble which I think stinks when considering I'm paying for premium service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 shutting down when using pictures
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@fweesie

I'm sure this has become a frustrating experience for you!  I would love to assist in resolving this device issue once and for all.

It appears that something, maybe an application or a faulty file is causing your device to randomly restart.  Let's see what's going on.  When the device shuts down, does it turn itself back on (reboot) or does it stay powered off?  What exactly are you doing when the device shuts off?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you running Android Lollipop on the S4?

0 Likes
fweesie
Enthusiast - Level 2

@smith6612 I am running Lollipop.

Anthony, most of the times it happened I was either sending or attaching a picture to a text or uploading a picture to Instagram. One time it happened when I was setting up my gmail account.

Sometimes it reboots, sometimes it shuts down and does not reboot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This has to be hard to manage, fweesie. I sent you a Direct Message to see if we can better assist you in getting this resolved.

Thank you,

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes