Galaxy S4 and the Lollipop Debacle
RobElson

WiFi connectivity awful since lollipop update; useless. Battery life also awful since update. Phone is slow to respond to touching app icons, swiping screens, etc. Appearance of clock, calendar, calculator and other stock apps look cheap, like  LeapFrog children's electronic device. Not questions, I know. Just be aware you screwed the pooch with this update. It sucks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S4 and the Lollipop Debacle
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Sucker lol backup fdr and pray it gets better. My g2 3000 mah battery is also poor after 5.0.2 post fdr

0 Likes
born2runfree

Everyone I know with either a Galaxy S4 or Galaxy S5 has been having serious problems with their phone since the Lollilpop upgrade.  Wifi connectivity, battery life, text messages showing as being sent, but not being received . . . My boyfriend and I both have Galaxy S4s that we loved before Lollipop was pushed on us.  We tried not to upgrade, but had no choice.

Now, neither of us have been able to get on wifi in either of our homes.  The phones are just constantly trying to connect.  Our PCs, Macs, and other people's iphones have no problem getting on our wifi networks so the problem is not with the network.  We have tried every fix listed in all the blogs.  The only fix that seems to work is purchasing a new wireless router. 

Here is my question:  Since Lollipop was forced on our phones making our phones inopperable at home, are the software developers willing to cover the cost of all of us having to purchase new wireless routers?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Why would you have to purchase a new router? That makes no sense. Maybe if you hit up your router's settings and disable IPv6 that would help.

0 Likes
born2runfree

I've not yet purchased a new router, but that is the only solution that another user with my exact problem said worked.  Since I AM able to get on wifi at some local businesses, but not at home, it has been suggested that Lollipop doesn't like older wireless routers.

Thanks for the suggestion about IPv6 . . . do I disable it on my phone or by accessing my wireless router via a lap top?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

By accessing it via the router settings.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Also, check to make sure that the router firmware is up to date.

tlfl70

It is awful.  Your battery goes quickly..I literally took my phone off being 100% charged 30 minutes ago and it is already down to 90%.  Impossible to send texts or receive them.  Very unhappy..there better be a fix coming soon

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Please look in settings>battery and let us know what it says. It's a good way to find out what's using all the battery. It's better if you let it run down to 25% battery after using it normally, but 10% in 30 minutes is a lot.

0 Likes
tlfl70

Android OS is 2%

Android System is 1%

Screen 1%

Phone 1%

0 Likes