Galaxy S3 VS Droid Razr HD (not Maxx)
sBj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sure there are several other posts about this, but sorry, I couldn't find them through search.

I'm planning on getting a new phone tonight or tomorrow, but I am having an incredibly hard time deciding to go with the Razr HD or the Galaxy S3.  I've read the reviews, and comparisons (which all end with basically nothing), but I'm hoping to hear from anyone who has had some experience with both, or at  the very least help point me in the right direction. I'm not looking for anything announced but unavailable, or a phone that is only rumored at this point. That's the hardest part with Android, there's ALWAYS something better on the way. I'm ready to just bite the bullet and upgrade. Especially since both are supposedly getting Jelly Bean before the end of the year. Also, cost, battery life, and plastic VS kevlar are not factors.

The main things I'm hung up on are:

1. They both essentially have the same chip, but does the S3's 2GB of RAM make a noticeable difference?
  2. How heavy is MotoBlur VS TouchWiz? Which has more crapware (outside the obvious VZW bloat)?
  3. I play some games. Is the lack of a gyroscope and accelerometer on the Razr going to be a huge limit on that?
  4. Does either phone support .mkv files natively?
  5. Any glaring differences with NFC?
  6. Samsung is known for great screens. They both have the same basic specs. Any opinion on which is better?
  7. Camera: Image stabilization, low-light conditions, just general picture taking. I've been spoiled by my iPhone's I think.

I'm coming from an iPhone 4s and am really looking forward to coming back to Android after my 4 and 4s, but I am a bit skiddish with the Moto one as my first experience with them was the original Moto Droid and I got incredibly frustrated with it.

Any thoughts or opinions would help.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes