Galaxy S3 Power Button
Ama83

I've had my S3 for about a year and a half now and love it so very much, but recently the power button has been acting up.  It will randomly not work, if you brush that side of the phone, the power menu comes up and it won't go into sleep mode anymore with it.  I've put it down and found the battery drained because it keeps the home screen on or turns it on randomly and it won't go back to sleep.  I turned if off and it was hard to even get it to boot up again.  I'm getting incredibly frustrated.  I can't upgrade until December and I don't know what to do.  I've tried blowing into the button to see if there's something in there, changed phone cases, nothing's working.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S3 Power Button
Zwtheisen

I have the same issue with my phone too. I have been having battery issues since about Christmas. Now the power button will not put my phone to sleep. I will have to press it sometimes 20 times to make it sleep and stay off. Even with that, it will sometimes just turn on. About half of the time the shut off screen will show up to and want to shut down. So with all these issues mixed together, my phone went from 100% to 0% in an hour and a half this morning and I was only on it for maybe 10 min total in that time.

So I went to Verizon and they told me to get a new battery from a third party because they don't carry batteries anymore (seems ridiculous to me) or pay $100 and use my insurance for a new phone (which by the looks of it from other posts will start acting up again) or deal with it until the end of October when I can upgrade. No help what so ever. Why should I be forced to pay over $80 a month for a phone that wont work and drain in a hour? Some of the worst customer service I have ever had. I like Verizon but am going to switch in October because no one obviously cares.

So along Verizon its been a crappy 12 years!

0 Likes
danxmanly
Enthusiast - Level 1

My power switch on the S3 is causing the same issues you describe.  If you google it, you'll see quite a few references to the issue.  I found a place that will repair it for $49.00.  Being as my phone contract isn't up till late this year, I'll get it repaired and hopefully get another year of life out of it.  It's been a great phone up until this latest switch issue. 

0 Likes
mmillerff2004
Enthusiast - Level 1

What state are you located in? That would be a WONDERFUL $50 well spent for me to get the button fixed.

0 Likes