Re: Galaxy S3 Battery Drain with KitKat
TomLGenV-T
Enthusiast - Level 3

Re:

NicholasJay 

"Thanks for the reply! Coincidentally, starting this morning, I charged the phone up to 100%, and rebooted it into safe mode...."

--------

I just checked my battery data and the double-digit users in regular startup mode were:

ANDROID SYSTEM............24%

SCREEN..............................22%

ANDROID OS......................11%

GOOGLE SERVICES...........11%

The double-digit users in the above same battery data check in safe mode were:

ANDROID SYSTEM............25%

SCREEN..............................22%

ANDROID OS......................11%

GOOGLE SERVICES...........11%

Footnote: Battery drainage, though personally annoying in each of the last two S3 updates, is not my greatest disappointment as I'm near my home/auto chargers and I carry a fully-charged Samsung spare battery when away from home longer. The bigger issues (STILL) are unstable data connections, LTE/4G and Wi-Fi. When this is corrected, I will be a happy S3er again.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

toml did you ever try backing up all your personal content to a PC, like videos, mp3s, ringtones, pictures, other files, writing down critical settings like email, jotting down where you have app icons placed, writing dwn critical contacts... and performing a factory data reset?

i cant say it will address the lte/4g or wifi issues (i think samsung and motorola devices badly need a patch to KitKat) but after the FDR and three charge cycles, ithink the battery longevity would be improved.

0 Likes
bpage
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually theres a loop hole for that. When u get your upgrade. Dont let them activate your sim card. Either keep yours. Or call verizon when you leave the store to activate the new sim

0 Likes
Dr_X1

I have the exact same problem as the original poster (re battery) and I find it unacceptable. I can't believe there is no fix forethis. The Android system appears to be running tasks in the background that are unnecessary and that even stopping them manually (for me) did not yield any results. And yes, I have tried everything listed above. Does anyone know if there is a software fix in the works? The battery drain is so poor that my device is nearly unusable.

0 Likes
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

well then the only solution is to get a new phone if you can. they have not fixed it and never will so that is why I had to get a new phone.

0 Likes
Elmore1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Removed ISIS Wallet imbeded app and battery consumption returned to normal.

NicholasJay
Enthusiast - Level 1

Great! Any specific instructions? Do you need root privileges Elmore1 ?

EDIT: I've had the ISIS Mobile Wallet App turned off  (in the Application Manager) since I updated to 4.4.2 and I've always had the Android System take up the plurality of the battery life.

0 Likes
Elmore1
Enthusiast - Level 2

No root. Settings applications all isis wallet remove.

On Jul 21, 2014 9:45 PM, "Verizon Wireless Community" <

0 Likes
NicholasJay
Enthusiast - Level 1

There's no 'Remove' on my S3 with 4.4.2 installed. Just 'Turn Off.'

Screenshot_2014-07-22-09-38-05.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the visual,NicholasJay. To be clear, are you looking to delete the app completely? 

Uninstall Apps - Samsung Galaxy S® III

Pre-installed apps (apps included with the Android Operating System) may not have an uninstall option.

If uninstalling an app update, ensure that Auto-update is disabled for the specified app until the issue is resolved with the developer.
  • From a home screen, select Apps (located in the lower-right).
  • From the Apps tab, select Settings.
  • From the Device section, select Application manager.
  • From the All tab, select an app.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • Select OK.
  • Select OK.

0 Likes