Re: Galaxy S3 Battery Drain with KitKat
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

stef7 wrote:

Evidently, you need to hover over their avatar, you need to "follow them" and I think send them a private message.

Really twisted crazy way of initiating support IMHO. Good luck.

Actually it is their individual username the person needs to follow and not the generic username the VZW reps use to post on the forum. Hovering over the generic name isn't going to do much good.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Thanks for the clarification. I gave incorrect information. Still - seems overly complicated...

Ann, you've been frequenting the forum for a long time. People are groping with a number of issues with KK. The support answers seem quite canned, and very unhelpful to me.

0 Likes
NicholasJay
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is it typical for a rep to ask for your password to confirm your account?

0 Likes
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

what can I do to turn my one great s3 into a better phone again. I have already gotten a replacement and my battery life is still crap what can be done about it or nothing at all. I cannot get a new phone until October unless I can get a early upgrade. with each update my s3 has gotten worse not better. update should fix phones not give them more problems.

NicholasJay
Enthusiast - Level 1

You've already gotten a replacement? How did you go about it?

0 Likes
TomLGenV-T
Enthusiast - Level 3

Re: "...with each update my s3 has gotten worse not better. update should fix phones not give them more problems."

On my S3, Jelly Bean 4.1.2 was better than after the JB 4.3 and the KitKat 4.4.2 updates. With this latest 'update' (plus factory resets) my 4G/LTE and my Wi-Fi connections are erratic... frequently get "your data connection is unstable" notifications. Very frustrating.

Why didn't we get the 4.4.3 update (instead of 4.4.2) as most S3 update pundits reported?

0 Likes
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

would that have fixed our problems or not. if not that I do not want it.

NicholasJay
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called tech support this morning and we went over my options. Since my phone is out of warranty by 2 months there's nothing that they could do. Well, that's not exactly true. They could've upgraded me (since I'm out of contract) and taken away my unlimited data plan and given me a ~6GB plan for the same price as a 2GB plan, but I'm not willing to give up my unlimited data just yet.

0 Likes
TomLGenV-T
Enthusiast - Level 3

Re: boychik0830

"would that [4.4.3] have fixed our problems or not"

Probably not, if my stated S3 update pattern holds...you do have the option NOT TO UPDATE, which (in hindsight) I should have done with the 4.3 update. This problem-riddled update pattern, in my opinion, will continue as long as there's a hands-off policy with the ram-hogging TouchWiz.

0 Likes
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

there is a update later option but that always wants you to select a time when you want to update. it will keep nagging you about it until you do it I guess. our s3s will never be fixed by Verizon at all.

0 Likes