Re: Galaxy S3 Battery Drain with KitKat
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

I have before about 4.3 and they were not very helpful. the only option they gave me was to do a reset of my device which I did not want to do because I did not want to loose my data. every time I try to contact them they act like they have not heard about any problems.

Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

I believe you.  I have gotten mixed service from Samsung as well.  One rep is knowledgeable and aggressive to fix the problem sending me files and applications to help, and another rep acts completely ignorant. 

0 Likes
mkroll
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the new 4.4.2 update my phone has charging issues.  I am sure it is related to the update,  nothing else has changed, not new software.  I now get an X in the battery charging icon, this has never happened before the update.  The battery still appears to charge if not quite as fast. 

What was done in this update to cause this error and when will it be fixed.   You have caused an error in my otherwise great phone.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

It was definitely the update. Why would you update an old phone without doing the research on the update first?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NicholasJay We really appreciate all of your efforts. Since all troubleshooting has been completed nad the phone has been reset several times, we can look into a warranty replacement. Does the phone have any physical or moisture damage?

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
NicholasJay
Enthusiast - Level 1

At the time I did the update, I did do research. And there really wasn't anyone online complaining about it yet.  It was several days after the update had become available, and usually within a days or so the internet is ablaze with issues if there are any.

0 Likes
NicholasJay
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Verizon Wireless Customer Support

There's no water damage to the phone whatsoever, but there are a couple of small nicks in the silver paint from my keys in my pocket from before I got a case.

What do I have to do to get a warranty replacement?

0 Likes
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

I hope something can be done about this I never have had a phone with this many problems in my life. things like this need to be figured out before phones get released.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Evidently, you need to hover over their avatar, you need to "follow them" and I think send them a private message.

Really twisted crazy way of initiating support IMHO. Good luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying NicholasJay! Please Private Message me for additional assistance.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter  @VZWSupport

0 Likes