Galaxy Note 2 shipping soon!
XstitchCowgirl
Contributor - Level 2

So, other thread was closed.  Figured we needed a new one so we can discuss our orders and tracking details! 

My CC charged around 3pm, and status updated to "Your order is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow".  Waiting for my email with tracking number!  🙂

I can't wait!!!  

Labels (1)
Re: Galaxy Note 2 shipping soon!
Christiebunny
Enthusiast - Level 3

Me too! Going to have to wait a few days, since OI ordered via walmart, but the order's been processed and ready to go, gift card included.  It's "awating inventory" but best I can tell it's actually waiting for the OK to release. I'm willing to wait a day or two extra,to save $100, couldn't afford the unlocked version anyways, and lost my unlimited when I put the kinds on the plan too.

As for all this flak flying around these threads...  the issue isn't that it's releasing on the 27th and they've been saying 'by the 27th' since the beginning.  the issue is bad business practices.

They're releasing a month after the rest of the carriers.

This causes them to lose customers and potential customers in the process -- thus lose profit

They're releasing after Black Friday *and* after Cyber-Monday, so lose out on those potential profits as well.

And lastly, pre-orders are universally given some sort of incentive to make people /want/ to pre-order, thus giving the company extra, and early, profits.  Verizon hasn't, not even something as little as  a 10/20% discount or a week early or anything. Yet walmart, a 2nd party vendor, can get them cheap enough to be able to offer their pre-order customers what amounts to a $100 rebate.

THAT is what the people on this thread are upset about: Sloppy business practices, conflicting info, pussyfooting, and just plain general corporate/marketing stupidity.

At least this whole mess is nearly over, and The Phone Of Awesome won't be too much longer!

0 Likes
grinznmore
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same situation. I'm guessing ship 27 arrive 29.

Mcnaml07

<Comments deleted for discussion of moderation per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  The Moderators are here in the community to ensure all users follow the and are not customer service representatives.>

but same as above, no tracking info yet for me, ordered around 10 hours after pre-order link went live

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tnngng

<Post deleted for discussion of moderation per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
grinznmore
Enthusiast - Level 3

Coming from Virgin Mobile (Sprint), I'm excited to join Verizon and the Note 2. The build up is part of the fun. I'm hoping this thread will move on a positive path. Confident the phones will start shipping soon. Would not surprise me if the updates are lagging.

0 Likes
ffx2
Contributor - Level 2

Christiebunny wrote:

Me too! Going to have to wait a few days, since OI ordered via walmart, but the order's been processed and ready to go, gift card included.  It's "awating inventory" but best I can tell it's actually waiting for the OK to release. I'm willing to wait a day or two extra,to save $100, couldn't afford the unlocked version anyways, and lost my unlimited when I put the kinds on the plan too.

As for all this flak flying around these threads...  the issue isn't that it's releasing on the 27th and they've been saying 'by the 27th' since the beginning.  the issue is bad business practices.

They're releasing a month after the rest of the carriers.

This causes them to lose customers and potential customers in the process -- thus lose profit

They're releasing after Black Friday *and* after Cyber-Monday, so lose out on those potential profits as well.

And lastly, pre-orders are universally given some sort of incentive to make people /want/ to pre-order, thus giving the company extra, and early, profits.  Verizon hasn't, not even something as little as  a 10/20% discount or a week early or anything. Yet walmart, a 2nd party vendor, can get them cheap enough to be able to offer their pre-order customers what amounts to a $100 rebate.

THAT is what the people on this thread are upset about: Sloppy business practices, conflicting info, pussyfooting, and just plain general corporate/marketing stupidity.

At least this whole mess is nearly over, and The Phone Of Awesome won't be too much longer!

I'm pretty sure the VZW execs know a little about proper business practice. Verizon obviously had a deal with another manufacturer and they were obligated to honor that deal before the focus was shifted to the GN2. I would be willing to bet that they will actually gain customers instead of losing, a very small percentage of the people complaining will leave and this awesome device is obviously going to bring new customers to Americas #1 network. We all know why we are here, it is because of the awesome coverage that they provide.The one legit knock on Verizon has been lack of high end devices but that is no more.

Build it and they will come

gregp0919
Contributor - Level 1

I went to my local store about 1:30PM PST (before my card was charged) and was told it would ship overnight. So if it ships tomorrow, should be getting it Wednesday.

ffx2
Contributor - Level 2

it says right on the order page that it is free two day shipping so unless you paid extra I doubt you'll get it overnight

0 Likes
grinznmore
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sweet. I got the flip case today, so I got an idea of the size. Easy enough to handle. Should be fun. I'll be glad to get rid of the HTC EVO. Battery was pathetic. Drained in 4 or 5 hours in standby.

0 Likes