Re: Galaxy Note 2 missing a lot of features/settings/widgets
corymcnutt
Contributor - Level 2

I can write on my calendar. When you open the calendar, touch the little calendar/pen symbol in the upper left corner.  The pen disappears and it turns to just the calendar symbol.  You can circle, write on the calendar, etc.  Each time I open the calendar, I have to tap on the upper left symbol, but then all of my markings reappear from before...you can toggle back and forth and hide or view/write notes.

<Images deleted for having personal information in them per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

CDMA_LTE_Iphone
Contributor - Level 1
corymcnutt
Contributor - Level 2

It looks like my sw is identical to yours:

sw.jpg

My widget is as follows:

cal widget.jpg

0 Likes
CDMA_LTE_Iphone
Contributor - Level 1

2012-12-26 11.47.33.png

Ok seriously, are you <Deleted> or something? I don't have any of those calender widgets. Just these two. 

0 Likes
corymcnutt
Contributor - Level 2

No, I have never <Deleted> a phone...however, I have purchased a couple calendar apps and those widgets look like my apps did (do)...is it possible that the software "reads" the apps and creates widgets to use for them??

0 Likes
froman408
Enthusiast - Level 2

Continuous scrolling is when you can scroll through all your screens continuous (not tilt to scroll screens to add widgets). When you get to the end ...you keep swiping and you are now back to the far left screen.  It avoids having to swipe all the way back to the left to get to where you want to go. 

0 Likes
froman408
Enthusiast - Level 2

I could care less about a wifi toggle widget.  I'm not upset.  It's the fact that Verizon wastes their time messing with a phone.  They altered the notification screen to where you will always see "tap here to turn on wifi."  This is the least of my concern with the phone.  It was just one of the things that Verizon changes when they get their hands on it.  That's why I mentioned it.

As for the missed sms and call...etc..it should just display on the lock screen when you turn it on.  What you are talking about is quick glance.  If you have that turned on it, as you place your hand over the phone it will show missed sms and call and battery life.  It's much faster to turn on the screen and see it ...versus holding your hand over the sensor waiting for quick glance to kick in. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

no...there's no calendar widget. it's an extreme annoyance of mine. my wife's gsiii has an excellent one and i just assumed my note ii would have the same. all i have is the app (except for widgets that i've downloaded, of which none are exactly what i want, which would be the stock calendar as a WIDGET!!!). there is a calendar "app" in your app drawer, but no widget.

0 Likes
froman408
Enthusiast - Level 2

Removing a calendar widget is just stupid.  Removing 2 digital clocks..and leaving an analog..lol!  The weather clock widget is okay but not very appealing. 

flummoxed
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seriously. Why? I left Verizon a very long time ago for these exact reasons. Verizon was crippling features pre-smart phone. I was recently considering coming back to Verizon, but found this thread in the process of researching the Galaxy Note II/2. Still crippling features! I would truly like to hear from a Verizon PR flack or Project Manager regarding the reasons why you would chimp such simple and useful functionality. C'mon people! Let's hear it.