Re: Galaxy Note 2 missing a lot of features/settings/widgets
corymcnutt
Contributor - Level 2

The Wi-Fi toggle widget is available on my Verizon Note 2.  Under Apps - Widgets...you have to configure it after you add it to your screen, but it toggles Wi-Fi on and off just fine...I just like to use the notifications screen myself.

0 Likes
CDMA_LTE_Iphone
Contributor - Level 1

Pic or it didn't happen. Its not there.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Once you close the mini snote you just have to press and hold the button on your spen and double tap the screen. I have mine setup to only open snote when doing that instead of pulling the out.

Tidbits
Legend

It's called settings shortcut. If you are talking about the power widget then that one is missing on all Note 2 I have seen on Tmobile, AT&T, and Verizon.

0 Likes
corymcnutt
Contributor - Level 2

Wi-Fi.png

CDMA_LTE_Iphone
Contributor - Level 1

That's not it. We're talking about the Wi-fi toggle in the drop down shade...Anyway, for that settings shortcut widget in your screenshot, mine is round not square like yours. How did you make it square?

0 Likes
corymcnutt
Contributor - Level 2

Mine was square...I did nothing that I know of to change it?  Also, in my drop down shade, I can toggle my wi-fi on and off see picture.  It is ALWAYS there, on or off and I just slide it to on or off.   True, there is not "button" or widget at the top, but all I have to do is tap on that line and it turns on or off.

wi-fi toggle off.jpgwi-fi toggle.jpg

0 Likes
CDMA_LTE_Iphone
Contributor - Level 1

2012-12-26 09.56.13.png

Yeah everyone knows about the Wi-Fi line.......Here's how my widget looks. I don't understand why yours is square. When you go into the settings widget to choose the application, is it square too?

0 Likes
corymcnutt
Contributor - Level 2

Mine is round under settings.  I went to "Apps" button, switched to "Widgets," and there it was, alphabetically, "Wi-Fi."  I just held it down and it went to my screen. 

I'm not sure why froman408 is so upset? If we can "toggle" wi-fi on and off from the shade, what difference does it make it it is a "widget" or a "Wi-Fi Line?"  Don't they work the same? 

Also, I did read/saw that the upgrade to JB does include the option to change the items across the top of the drop down shade. 

0 Likes
CDMA_LTE_Iphone
Contributor - Level 1

2012-12-26 10.50.41.png

Can you compare my software version to yours? Is it the same?

Also, what calendar widget is that in your screenshot since there is no calendar widget on the Note 2....Please don't tell me its there too. LOL.

0 Likes