Galaxy Note 2 OTA update
bluestar
Contributor - Level 1

Has anyone received it yet? Some folks on other forums are claiming it bricked their phone while others are praising the expanded functionality. Would love to hear about people's experience here.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note 2 OTA update
Frazee

Got it, initially the phone would not connect to WiFi or 3/4g, finally started to but very slow and drops connection.  The keypad for email now has sounds from typing, even though all sounds are checked off.  I believe the Verizon site said one of the pre-installed apps would be removed - but it was not. Not happy with the unimproved performance.

0 Likes
bluestar
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks, Frazee. Now I wonder if there's a way to decline the update permanently. App that was supposedly removed was Zappos.  Is yours still installed?

0 Likes
Frazee

The first couple of times I rebooted and checked, the app was still there, and did not have the option to delete (the little red -).  After the third reboot, it had the option and I removed it,  it was not automatic like the site seemed to imply.  Also after the third boot, the wifi and 4g started working better.

I also found where the key taps were being set on, not where you would expect - in sounds, but under language and input, keyboards methods, individual keyboard settings. I am not happy the update changed default settings to how verizon wanted them, if that is the case.

Now if we could just get rid of the rest of the bloatware.

0 Likes
holliewood38

Anyone else having trouble with your device charging after receiving the update?

0 Likes