Galaxy Nexus - online upgrade not going well
rcolem

I tried to order the Galaxy Nexus through the Verizon online site.  Two problems:  First, the system will not give me the NE2 discount.  Second, I have an unlimited data plan on my existing phone and site wants me to change to another one.   I'm going to order by phone but I prefer online as I can type in specific address information and verify the terms in writing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus - online upgrade not going well
Toyota4x4van
Contributor - Level 3

If your existing phone is a basic/feature phone and not a Smartphone, that is why the unlimited data plan won't transfer.  Only "Smartphone" unlimited data plans are grandfathered in for new smartphones, not "featurephone" unlimited data. Supposedly, even though they are both "unlimited data plan"s, they are not the same, are coded differently in the system, and are not compatible.   You would have to go with the $30/2GB data plan.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah.  Unlimited only carriers over when you're going from smartphone to smartphone (3G or 4G).  They do have a double data promotion now where you can get 4GB intead of the normal 2GB for $30 though.

0 Likes
rcolem

Thanks.   But this particular line is not the basic phone listed here.  It is a Droid OG smartphone that is already on an unlimited data plan.  As you point out, unlimited smartphone plans should carry over but the Verizon site requires a new data plan choice.

0 Likes
rcolem

An update:  it looks like the data plan glitch is fixed in the system.  I can now proceed without losing the unlimited plan.  However, the system still will not give me the NE2 discount listed at the top of the page.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

rcolem wrote:

An update:  it looks like the data plan glitch is fixed in the system.  I can now proceed without losing the unlimited plan.  However, the system still will not give me the NE2 discount listed at the top of the page.

are you doing a regular upgrade or an early upgrade?

if a regular upgrade what was the date you were eligable? it does expire

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

mdram4x4 wrote:

rcolem wrote:

are you doing a regular upgrade or an early upgrade?

if a regular upgrade what was the date you were eligable? it does expire

mdram is correct. i believe it's 6 months. you have to use the NE2 within 6 months of your eligible upgrade. also, i believe the entire program (it no longer exists) had a hard expiration date. not sure though.

0 Likes
rcolem

I'm clearly eligible for the NE2 since it's only been three months since the regular upgrade time.  And the VZW web page has an indicator that shows that this particular line is eligible for the loyalty discount. 

But when browsing through the list of phones, the prices of some recent models, such as the RAZR and Galaxy Nexus, do not reflect the loyalty discount.  Most others, such as the iPhones, clearly list the discount and show it subtracted from the normal price.  Note that the Galaxy Nexus price does not have the NE2 already embedded in it.  The Galaxy Nexus has the same price on my NE2-eligible account as on my other lines that are upgrade eligible but not NE-2 eligible.  And the NE2 adjustment does not get taken off later in the order process. 

0 Likes