Re: Galaxy Nexus DELAYED....AGAIN
rcschnoor
Legend

gnexus wrote:

If you've ever worked in the software industry, you're asked to sign NDA's.  Thus I am upholding that.  I can say that all of the previous release dates have been accurately reported.  I can say that Thursday looks like a pretty good day, but so did last Friday, so we will have to see.  

But you seem to think that Verizon should violate any NDA's which they may have in place, or do you also know about all of their NDA's?

Actually, if you have ever worked in ANY industry, you're asked to sign NDA's. This is not a practice limited to the software industry.

0 Likes
john631

Your devout love for Verizon is becoming sickening. Do you walk around in a red Verizon shirt with a soap box?

When you say your going to do 3 things do you just randomly list them with no respect to the order in which you desire to do them? 

The issue is strongly downplayed in #1, its a hardware/software issue depending on what is actually agreed on between both parties . 

Biggest issue is that there are people such as myself waiting for the phone while needing one. I consider it honest of me to not just borrow a rezound for $35 until the GN comes out. Without pointing fingers I would like Verizon to just say its in the works and the rumored dates are just rumors. 

The phone was introduced in October and released a month ago in the UK, lets get real its not a 4G issue or volume issue anymore. This phone needs to be released before its finally on sale and  obsolete the same day with the Tegra 3 phones coming. Coming, if they are coming like the GN is maybe I wont wait for a Tegra 3 phone lol

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

john631 wrote:

Your devout love for Verizon is becoming sickening. Do you walk around in a red Verizon shirt with a soap box?

Devout love?  I didn't bother waiting and I bought myself a GSM version.  I haven't renewed my contract with Verizon like I could have.  I can go as I please, but the price and OVERALL cellular service is tops in my area.  If it was AT&T I would be there. If it was T-Mobile I will be there.  I hold no loyalty other than myself and what I think is fair for the money I worked for.

When you say your going to do 3 things do you just randomly list them with no respect to the order in which you desire to do them? 

So you list everything you want to do in order EVERY single time?  Regardless if it may be easier to do it in a different order than your list?  The FCC didn't pass the LTE version until the LAST week of November while the European version already passed over there...  Which would you produce and release first?  If the US version passed first and then the European version passed late in November then more than likely I would find it true that Verizon was holding up the Nexus.

The issue is strongly downplayed in #1, its a hardware/software issue depending on what is actually agreed on between both parties . 

Just the fact it's 4.1 on the LTE is what is a dead giveaway to me. 

Biggest issue is that there are people such as myself waiting for the phone while needing one. I consider it honest of me to not just borrow a rezound for $35 until the GN comes out. Without pointing fingers I would like Verizon to just say its in the works and the rumored dates are just rumors. 

Sorry, but in blue is kinda makes me want to say "What? Really?"...  We know it's coming and there's evidence plastered on Verizon landing page.  The US has only 1 carrier with LTE in majority of the country.  Also Google, Samsung, and Verizon has already said it's COMING to Verizon.  Also the back of the LTE version says Verizon.  So if Google, Samsung, or Verizon doesn't gives you a date it's OBVIOUSLY a rumor.

The phone was introduced in October and released a month ago in the UK, lets get real its not a 4G issue or volume issue anymore. This phone needs to be released before its finally on sale and  obsolete the same day with the Tegra 3 phones coming. Coming, if they are coming like the GN is maybe I wont wait for a Tegra 3 phone lol

HTC Edge I believe you are looking at.  It's supposedly going to AT&T.  The point of the GN is to BE the bar.  From this point forward all devices coming out should be on par if not better.  

As I said it didn't pass FCC compliance until the last week of November.  It is impossible to produce initial projected demands in a short period of time.  Also you still NEGLECT the fact it's 4.1 and not 4.0.1 on the LTE Nexus which is a dead giveaway that the software IS being worked on for something.  So if you think it's not a 4G, Volume bug, or software issue then explain the update which the European version doesn't have, and why do we have it.

0 Likes
re4ee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I firmly believe that there is some glitch with Verizon's LTE and the mini sim cards.  It may be a matter of not enough supply, or spotty performance of the sims.  They're obviously trying to fix SOMETHING via OS versioning.  Something that is not mentioned enough is that Verizon's LTE is unique to the carrier and thus the sim cards for Verizon's 4GLTE network are also unique.  If they got a shipment of faulty sim cards, they would necessisarily delay the launch until they had enough properly working ones to install before activation.

The other issue is Google Wallet, VZW says they won't pre-install it out of concerns over security, well...

Google Wallet leaves sensitive data unencrypted and accessible, says security firm

http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/13/2632273/google-wallet-unencrypted-data-security

0 Likes