Galaxy Nexus DELAYED....AGAIN
bleach1981

Why can't Verizon get its act together and release phones in a timely manner.  This latest atrocity just continues a long tradition of Verizon dragging its feet when it comes to new phones and software updates. Verizon you are very lucky you have the LTE market cornered for the time being because all the other major carriers have way more high end phone offerings and handle releasing and updating of their products much better.  Once the 4G playing field is leveled I assume you will lose a lot of your business.  You did this with the Bionic (which some stores wont even sell its so bad), the Razr (Bionic but slimmer) and now Nexus.  If we count the Droid 4 that was purportedly to be release last week as well that is 4 out of your last 4 phones that have been delayed and not one has been worth the wait.  After reading countless posts on the internet I can assure you I am not the only person that feels this way.  As a company you may want to consider putting your customers first and getting rid of the vail of secrecy Verizon has practiced for years.  If you were more open and honest people would understand.

Long time customer,

Thinking of leaving

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus DELAYED....AGAIN
Rickw911

How many ten's if not 100's of thousands of us feel the same way.  I have not upgraded since the OG Droid that I currently have so I have missed many of the other botched releases.  I would have gladly been a Galaxy SII owner but no Verizon had to pass on that so that we could get the NEXUS.  In the meantime not only do the other carriers have the original SII but now you can have the LTE version on ATT.  The only reason my 4 phones stay with Verizon is their network but you can bet in two years when all the other LTE networks ar in place; it will be adios Verizon.

I could live with the delays; if only someone would update the status.  I don't mind a delay if there is a valid reason behind it, but with no information from Verizon for the delay my wandering mind is left with just a few reasons for it.  1) Money grubbing Verizon will not release with Google Wallet installed; even if it does violate their FTC aggreements.  2) There is some hidden agreement with Crapple to give the 4s it's much needed head start or;  3) They want to sell as many of their bloated, crippled devices as possible knowing that no one will buy a $300 Bionic,Raz'r, ReZound,    etc once the Galaxy Nexus arrives.

I mentioned crippling a phone above, back when I got my first smartphone (Blackberry Curve) they disabled the GPS to keep users from being able to navigate with anything but their $10/month VZ Navigator.  In doing this, my blackberry was unable to auto adjust time zones while travelling, a feature that had pretty much available from the invention of the cell phone. Today they cripple the mobile hot spots. Here's hoping Google/Samsung held strong on that feature.

Enough rambling from a Verizon user since their beginning; also likely leaving in 2 years.

0 Likes
john631

Seriously! This has gone on long enough! Over Google wallet? Who is going to be using Google wallet? I sure wont. Many people have been waiting for a pure Google experience on Verizon. The razr and resound both loaded with bloatware and re-skinned are not an option for me. 

I have a droid 2 global, I am on the 5th refurbished replacement. If that weren't annoying enough I would be rid of this twitchy, slow, piece of (connected but no data connection) frustrating crap. But I am waiting for this phone to come out so I can sign for another two years.....That doesn't make sense 

I would post my frustration and anger in a blog with another rumored date, maybe about how Google said the phone will be just about everywhere on the 21st, of last month, or how its this Thursday could be the big day; but we have been waiting and getting our hopes up just to be let down while big red keeps quiet! So I want Verizon to know my frustration that is shared with so many, over an application that I promise I will never use or care about. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
Google NEVER gave a date and neither has Samsung. They say by the end of the year... rumor sites make their assumption and then leaked documents which can be falsified. To top it off. There is no source code for Wallet. There is no special APIs tied to wallet. So the issue is NOT wallet. Currently test models are at 4.1 which has been verified by testers and Google. That means bug fixes. If it was mearly a wallet issues it wouldn't have jumped from 4.0.1 to 4.1. It would have stayed 4.0.1 or moved to 4.0.2.
0 Likes
re4ee
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

can we just start a nexus forum for the dozen threads on the SAME topic?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
A lot of things wrong with that article... ALL Nexus devices were subsidized. The Nexus was nothing about being carrier independent(it could never be carrier independent for some obvious reasons. It's a CELLUAR phone and people want them subsidized)... It was a showcase of WHAT Android can be and set the bar for the manufacturers to shoot above what they've set the bar. It's Google's slighted way to have hardware restrictions without stating so. If the Nexus One had better specs than today's devices what would you buy? If the Nexus S had better specs to what is out right now what would you buy?
0 Likes
gnexus

Tidbits wrote:
Google NEVER gave a date and neither has Samsung. They say by the end of the year... rumor sites make their assumption and then leaked documents which can be falsified. To top it off. There is no source code for Wallet. There is no special APIs tied to wallet. So the issue is NOT wallet. Currently test models are at 4.1 which has been verified by testers and Google. That means bug fixes. If it was mearly a wallet issues it wouldn't have jumped from 4.0.1 to 4.1. It would have stayed 4.0.1 or moved to 4.0.2.

WRONG! Google and Samsung announced "Worldwide in November" at the press conference in October.  While they didn't give an explicit date, they gave a month.  Therefore Verizon has mucked with the timeline.  Silence is never good with our crowd.  Transparency is a must.  Once again I say, who is VZW marketing this device to?  Developers or the general public?  Nexus phones are not meant for public consumption, they are a developer reference device.  Thus, I don't get why the delay and extensive testing.  Verizon is losing the interest of the core Android community on a daily if not hourly basis at this point.  SELL THE PHONE!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
Please provide a link and time stamped where they said November. From what I remember I heard nothing about November and possibly a HSPA+ version coming to the US. Also people who claim Verizon is all behind it still has NOT explained why the LTE version is at 4.1. Bug fixes... is the logical answer. Which means the device wasn't really ready.to begin with.
0 Likes
gnexus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=Ts5WBm0tXzI#t=1119s

If that doesn't come up, the time stamp on the youtube video starts at 18:39.  Satisfied now?

0 Likes