Galaxy 5 not connecting with WiFi
robfedusenko

On many occasions I've tried connecting to WiFi. My phone says I'm connected but my Internet is dead until I disconnect and go back to my data plan. How do I correct?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy 5 not connecting with WiFi
Rachel_haley
Enthusiast - Level 2

IM having the same issue!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

robfedusenko -

Being able to connect to your Wi-Fi is a necessity we all have. When did this issue begin? Are you able to connect to it at all? Does this happen just with your home Wi-Fi or all Wi-Fi connections? Have you tried to go to Settings>Wi-Fi>Turn Wi-Fi On then Tap & hold your Wi-Fi and select forget this Network and try the connection again?

JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rachel_haley
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will try this. It does seem to happen at home most of the time, but if I leave the house and this is happening I'm still not getting data. If I restart my phone, it will update. The frustrating part is that it says I'm connected. It will take a day or so to see if this resolves it.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
robfedusenko

Yes, I've gone into settings then WiFi and chosen a WiFi instance. I've done a forget and then connected again. My phone shows "connected" but is dead in the water when I try to access data. I've never successfully used WiFi data since I've had my Galaxy 5. WiFi has worked on previous phones but not this one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

robfedusenko One of the best features is the WiFi so I really want to help get it working. Does WiFi work outside the home? Can anyone else connect to the home WiFi? Please try turning the router off as rebooting the router will cause existing Internet connections to disconnect. How many people connect to your WiFi? Is the WiFi password protected? Let's get this resolved.
DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
robfedusenko

The issue is not with the WiFi. Since I've been unable to access it with my Galaxy 5, I'll use my laptop or iPad to use WiFi. Tho my Galaxy 5 says it's connected, i cannot use data until I turn off wifi and go back to my plan data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand, @robfedusenko.  Let's dig a little deeper.

Have you tried deleting the WiFi connection http://vz.to/1hBjgQU and re-adding the WiFi connection http://vz.to/1ZwCc5r?  Please keep me posted.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes