GPS Radio Problem on Eris
selane

Recently I have been unable to get my GPS radio to work properly.  The GPS Radio symbol doesn't show up on my notification bar, and while using apps, GPS Status, MyTracks, they  just tell me that they are waiting for a GPS signal. I have used the GPS before, but its just stopped working recently. Makes no difference whether I'm inside or outside.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: GPS Radio Problem on Eris
truelove79
Enthusiast - Level 3

reboot and report back

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

selane wrote:

Recently I have been unable to get my GPS radio to work properly.  The GPS Radio symbol doesn't show up on my notification bar, and while using apps, GPS Status, MyTracks, they  just tell me that they are waiting for a GPS signal. I have used the GPS before, but its just stopped working recently. Makes no difference whether I'm inside or outside.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Have you tried a battery pull - reset?  I'd try that first, it often fixes, hardware and/or software conflicts that can cause this type of issue.

0 Likes
SmilesinWA

The only time I see the GPS "radar dish" icon at the top of my Eris is when I am actively using Google Maps.  As soon as I activate that application, the icon shows up and shows my location accurately, even inside the concrete building I am working out of.

Additionally, all of the other apps that require GPS (weather, location, etc) seem to be updating fine.

0 Likes
selane

sorry, i forgot to mention that i have done the reset, battery pull, etc

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

selane wrote:

sorry, i forgot to mention that i have done the reset, battery pull, etc

Don't be offended, but are you sure that you have GPS enabled?  Menu > Settings > Location & Security > Use GPS Satellites

You've probably already checked it, but I just wanted to make sure.  If GPS is enabled and the battery pull didn't work you could try a factory reset.   Are you within your 30 days?  If so, you might just want to exchange it.

0 Likes