GPS Accuracy
eep923
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since my LG3 phone updated, my GPS accuracy has been horrible.  For example, I went on a 5 mile run last night, but my GPS registered the run as almost 6.5 miles.  Or, when driving, my phone will tell me to turn onto the road about a 1/2 mile past where the road actually is located. 

Labels (1)
Re: GPS Accuracy
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
eep923, I want to make sure that you are able to get to your destination without any issues. I would like to gather a few pieces of information from you. What GPS service are you using for your navigation and for your running? Have you been able to power off the phone all the way and remove the battery and sim card for a good 10-15 seconds and then place it back together and re-try? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Google Nav on my G2 was better under kitkat than lollipop. Nav will think I'm on a side access road, our that I've proceeded through an. intersection, or the vehicle will spin around and it will tell me to perform a u turn. Terrible.

0 Likes
eep923
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi - I was not able to get to my destination using Google Navigation (Google Maps).  I also use Strava for running.  I will try as you suggest.  But, I had the same issues in navigation as stef7 mentioned.  (Along with it being about 1/2 - 1 mile off at points)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's get your phone working the way it should be stef7. When did you update the software on your phone? Does this happen every time you use Google Nav on your phone? Have you checked to ensure your Google Nav app is up to date?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

April 2.

Yes..

Yes....

0 Likes