GPAD 8.3 wireless connection problem when in the presence of multiple routers. Driver issue?
TBPawn

My LG GPAD 8.3 16 gb android version 5.0.2 software vk810 update 35a , is having troubles with wifi connectivity.  My office is situated fairly evenly between two wireless access points and testing the signals off of both they are fairly close - and switch throughout the day in strength.  My tablet is always connecting on 2.4 GHz (can I make it connect on 5 GHz? that might solve my connection issue) but the symptoms make it appears the tablet is constantly switching back and forth between access points and then will drop wireless connection altogether.  Is there a driver that can pick the strongest signal and force it not to change until there is a significant difference?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: GPAD 8.3 wireless connection problem when in the presence of multiple routers. Driver issue?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would look under advanced settings to see if you can make your tablet connect to 5ghz if that is what the router is set to.

0 Likes
Re: GPAD 8.3 wireless connection problem when in the presence of multiple routers. Driver issue?
TBPawn

I don't see any options under advanced settings to choose between the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz (our routers are supporting both signals.)

0 Likes