Re: G3 LOLLIPOP?????
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I just checked OTA and it seems to be downloading.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Hopefully you are doing that on WiFi...

How'd it go for you?

0 Likes
Biggdubbya
Enthusiast - Level 3

The OTA is actually 23B android 5.0 as the LG upgrade assistant on the computer is the 23C android 5.0.1. I have called Verizon and explained what I did and that I have 23C as their only offering 23B and the rep said that being I used the LG assistant that LG probably offered a higher version and that I have an actual better version. Now it doesn't work for everyone and I don't know why that is but some have said it wont and some say it does. When you plug in the G3 you should get a pop up asking to click it to decide what you want to use to open the device. You click the LG software upgrade assistant and it should bring up the device and what software your currently on VS98512B then to the right it will have an option to upgrade (update) device, you click that andlet it do its thing. When the G3 resets and is fully back up and running you can unplug it and enjoy it.From12B_to_23C.png 

0 Likes
Biggdubbya
Enthusiast - Level 3

Screenshot_2015-04-10-11-30-23.png

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I could only do it over wifi. Even though it is 567MB and I have a 30GB plan that we use an average of 20 on when I turned off wifi it stopped downloading.

It took about 45 minutes to complete. I got 5.0.1 version VS98523C.

I fully know how to use the SUA as I have used it before. (To get KK on my G2) It just wouldn't connect to my phone.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Understood.

So how is it working thus far?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I don't know if it is because I keep playing with it and trying out new settings or Lollipop but my battery drain today is more than normal. It is a slow day at the office so I am using it more. I had a heck of a time enabling the new Face Unlock and I haven't gotten that to actually wok and bypass having to enter the PIN or Pattern. I also found that the built-in flashlight that 5.0.xxx is supposed to incorporate into the notification bar seems to be missing. I am sure that this is an LG UI thing and not a VZW thing. This is ok with me because I user Pure Flashlight (widget) and I don't even enable that very often. I will sacrifice this to have the ability to set my own pictures for icons. This, I have found, is only available on LG. I have changed a lot my app icons to Superman pictures.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Do you mind telling me, how do you use a superman pic as an icon? I have not found the means to modify the app icons beyond the ones Google made available. Curious. Smiley Happy

Yes, you need to drain the battery down, then charge it up to 100% and do this a few times and see how you are doing.

0 Likes
atwork87
Enthusiast - Level 2

incorrect. Draining the batter down only reduces the life cycle of the batter. I found how to speed up my phone as I stated onLG G3 Help. As for the batter life im at 76% with a little bit of use since this morning. I dont have wifi on though.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

To use your own pictures as icons is pretty simple.

1) Tap and hold the icon like you are going to move it and then let go. You should see a little purple paint brush appear on the top right corner of the icon.

2) Tap the icon again

3) Select Add New

4) Select 1x1 and then OK (recommended). You can select a larger size but you will get less icons on a screen because they'll become bigger. This could be fun making different sized icons on your screen.

5) Select your picture

6) Crop your picture

7) Select OK

😎 Enjoy

To address the battery debate. Batteries only have a certain number of charges. Around 400 or so. So if you let it drain all the way and then charge it back up that is 1 full cycle. If you let it drain to 50% and then charge it back up that's 1/2 of 1 cycle. You should probably only do the full discharge once a month. I charge mine usually at about 15% then leave it on till it get to 100%. If I am awake I take it off the charger. If not I remove it when I wake up. I try to only charge overnight when I am at 40% or below. I got my G3 when LG was giving away the 2nd battery and charger for free. So I am not really worried about it.

0 Likes