Re: Full display push ads!
hughgreenshields

Colin,

Thanks for the response, I will work on it.

The ADS are not only annoying, but an Invasion o Privacy!

Hugh

Sent from my Verizon ASUS tablet

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

hughgreenshields wrote:

Colin,

Thanks for the response, I will work on it.

The ADS are not only annoying, but an Invasion o Privacy!

Hugh

Sent from my Verizon ASUS tablet

Quit going to sketchy sites.

hughgreenshields

The phone is not used for Surfing nefarious web sites, I don't find it necessary!

Example: the phone is idle all night, I pick it up, First sceen CANDY CRUSH urging me to install!

From Play Store.

The phone's preinstalled solitare keeps asking for Data and Location Permission which I deny and do no use. It will be removed, in the Battle of "Who's Phone is it?"

Hugh

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

I guess companies can remove preinstalled apps and I guess they can raise the cost by another $100. Sorry but I've never had a phone do what you claim yours is doing. Must be some sketch app you installed. This is NOT a Verizon issue. As long as you want to blame the wrong people you will continue to have issue no matter the carrier.

hughgreenshields

I am not Blaming anything! You keep insulting me ! You are CLUELESS!

I am just looking for help!

Hugh

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Not insulting. Chill dude. By the way my sister got this same phone recently and somehow doesn't seem to have this issue. I just asked her. hmmmmm

Also you ARE blaming as you are threating to leave Verizon over this. If you're not blaming Verizon why would you leave over this?

0 Likes
TJKARCH60

I'm having the same issues with my LG G6. The original phone didn't have any ads at all. I got a replacement phone from Asurion and now I get ads and pop ups all the time. I haven't added any additional apps and uninstalled all unneeded ones.

So it's something that came with the phone and the installed apps that you can uninstall.

I've scanned with Kapersky, Norton and Trusted and found nothing.

I paid for the phone and don't want to see ads!

Any updates on how to do so would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately a lot of the "bloatware" that ces on carrier branded phones CANNOT be uninstalled. Verizon, at&t, Sprint, and Verizon are all guilty of it to a certain extent. The only true way to get a phone without preinstalled apps aside from Google one's is to get an unlocked Pixel directly from Google or other companies who have the Android one designation. Of course all iPhones are bloatware free but that's because apple told all the carriers it's our way or the highway.

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

0 Likes
hughgreenshields

It is nice to feel vindicated after being called a denier!

I shut off some of the ads for like Candy crush at the Google play in the upper right-hand menu at the play store.

Removed pre-install solitaire because it kept asking for data and location permission, solitare? really!

I went to ogury.com and shut off data and location permission. Ogury.com is a cloud-based AI marketing company. Verizon and Google knows about these guys.

I didn't do anything, touch the wrong button, go to the wrong site, it was all done through AI!

Hugh

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

hughgreenshields wrote:

It is nice to feel vindicated after being called a denier!

I shut off some of the ads for like Candy crush at the Google play in the upper right-hand menu at the play store.

Removed pre-install solitaire because it kept asking for data and location permission, solitare? really!

I went to ogury.com and shut off data and location permission. Ogury.com is a cloud-based AI marketing company. Verizon and Google knows about these guys.

I didn't do anything, touch the wrong button, go to the wrong site, it was all done through AI!

Hugh

No one denied you had an issue. I denied that Verizon is doing this.

0 Likes