Front Facing Cameras for Droid phones?
bmedina

Why is it that for just about every Droid out there, that they continue to remain with a 1.3MP front facing camera while apple continues to upgrade both cameras?  I would like Droids to also improve their front facing camera and continue to wonder why they never have yet?  New Droids continue to be released so often yet I have not found a single one to compete with apples front facing camera.  Just a thought...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Front Facing Cameras for Droid phones?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The iPhone has a front facing camera that is better than 1.3 mp?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bmedina

yes last time I saw it had a 5MP front facing camera.  I believe its 8MP currently for the new 4S.  Not sure but I know for a fact they are better than Droids 1.3MP cameras.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

From the Apple website.

The rear camera on the iPhone 4S is an 8 mp camera.

Front camera with VGA-quality photos and video at up to 30 frames per second.

A VGA camera is lower than 1.3 mp camera

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Tidbits
Legend

The front is VGA. Here's a huge recommendations. Don't go by megapixels of a camera to validate how good it is. You can have a 5MP camera take better shots than a 12MP camera. It's all in the software, how good the shutter, and lens is.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

There are rumored specs for unreleased Android phones with 2+ MP FFC's, some of which will shoot 720p video.  The iPhone has no reason for a FFC this good as they are not 4G phones and can only Facetime over WiFi.

0 Likes