FoxFi Users
gamiwolf

I use FoxFi to create a hot spot on my Galaxy S3 (verizon unlimited plan service).  I want to get a new phone but I've heard Verizon has blocked FoxFi on some phones.  Do you know anything about this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: FoxFi Users
Spiral
Master - Level 1

No problems using FoxFi on my S4 (KitKat 4.4.2).  Check the app site, they are good at communicating what phones are compatible at different OS versions.

Good luck

Not applicable

So you're admit to scamming Verizon out of service you shouldn't have? You should be paying $30 for tethering on an unlimited data plan.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Actually the technology to use free teathering was and is acceptable. There was a lawsuit where Verizon was whacked by the court for denying access to the programs.

Verizon allowed those already using the technology to continue to do so per the court. However that loophole was subsequently closed. What the program does is allow the use of the data you pay for without having to pay $30 extra for 2GB of data.

So the users have paid for their data. How they use it should be their decision. Not Verizon wireless.

Not applicable

Then why does Verizon still charge for it? Actually the settlement Verizon has with the FCC is that they would offer free tethering with the More Everything plans they would stop blocking tethering apps from the play store but they could continue to charge for tethering on the old plans. If you're on the old plans you are supposed to be paying for tethering. PERIOD. You HONESTLY think Verizon is cool with unlimited data users tethering their devices and using them as a main internet connection and using hundreds of GB per month?

0 Likes
Not applicable

What I honestly think or feel about it makes no difference.

I have unlimited, I pay/paid for 2GB of teathering for $20 extra per month. ( now raised to $30 for people not grandfathered in)

The problem is what happened before has been corrected. The small number of customers still using the apps to acheive the teathering is low.

I personally don't care what my neighbors are doing. I like to mind my own business.

Factly with the continuous greed and price raising for data if they can use it then more power to them.

It will not last forever.

Not applicable

Elector wrote:

I have unlimited, I pay/paid for 2GB of teathering for $20 extra per month. ( now raised to $30 for people not grandfathered in)

The problem is what happened before has been corrected. The small number of customers still using the apps to acheive the teathering is low.

I personally don't care what my neighbors are doing. I like to mind my own business.

Factly with the continuous greed and price raising for data if they can use it then more power to them.

You'll care when their use impacts yours. I pay my bill too, I have the same rights to network access.

0 Likes
Not applicable

mrhelper wrote:

Elector wrote:

You'll care when their use impacts yours. I pay my bill too, I have the same rights to network access.

And no one is abridging your rights. And even if you thought they were, what can you do about it?

0 Likes