Forwarding email problems
jdmrsx621

Hey,

I recently tried to forward an email from my gmail app off my phone, it would not send. That isn't the problem as I logged onto my computer and did it from there. But the actual issue is now I keep getting notifications almost every 30 seconds from gmail telling me it can not send the message. I tried to delete said messages and I can not do so. As well as uninstall the app and reinstall and reconfigure hoping it would have dropped the messages. No such luck. If anyone has any insight on how to correct this malfunction it would be a huge help. Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Forwarding email problems
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

After you uninstall the gmail account, do a system cache clear and then reboot the phone before re-installing your gmail account.

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

This will not erase any data or change any settings, but will clear the cache if that is where that pesky email that will not send is hiding out.

0 Likes