Fixing the Samsung Stratosphere Update
npjones

I was pretty happy when I heard that my phone was finally getting an update. Then I was a little nervous when I found out that it was a mandatory update that could not be reversed. Then I was pretty heated that the update made my once-great Stratosphere a crap phone.

Battery life is severely diminished. Every day I turn my phone on at 7:00AM and it's in critical battery by 3:00PM, with light usage. Before the update, it would last the entire day and most of the night. I really don't see any way around it, the battery was fine, I updated my phone, and now it's not fine.

Scrolling wallpapers were removed. I'm not sure why, it's a pretty cool feature, and as far as I know, there was no reason to get rid of it. There was nothing about it in the changelog, so I can only assume that it was a mistake i.e. something that gets fixed after you break it.

Now my phone is 50% less cool and 90% less functional, and all I got in return was a facial recognition unlock that takes too long to unlock to be practical, and some built in photo editor that's outperformed by about a thousand free photo edit apps from the store, that I can delete if I want to.

Is something going to be done to fix this, or is Verizon just going to dump this "update" on the users so they stop begging for ICS?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Fixing the Samsung Stratosphere Update
lschultz76
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wish I knew the answer to that.  I have yet to see any official Verizon response to all these issues.  Please post here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/874561#874561 the more people they see in one thread the better.

0 Likes
Re: Fixing the Samsung Stratosphere Update
npjones

Will do

0 Likes