Feature missing after software upgrade
fih25

I have a Samsung Continuum, the other day verizon updated the software on the phone. Now when I open a web page the +/- zoom feature that was

at the bottom of the screen is no longer available. Liked it especially for maps(weather radar) to zoom in.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Feature missing after software upgrade
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try using two fingers and spread them apart or together to zoom in and out.

Check the Android Market to check if there is an update to Google Maps.

Also if this is in the Google Maps, press the menu button > settings > labs > zoom button (if available).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jayare
Contributor - Level 2

I've seen it still there, though the two finger zoom works, as well.  Also, I noticed that you can double tap the screen where you want to zoom and it will do that, too.

0 Likes
jayare
Contributor - Level 2

You know, I actually did more surfing today and did notice the zoom gone.  There are some settings for zoom, close, far, and medium, but not like we had before.  I don't actually do that much with web, so it won't really affect me.  I'm also going to say that might have something to do with the fact that most sites shift you to a mobile site, which might treat zooming differently.

0 Likes
Triplescrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

Use Skyfire browser.

0 Likes
fih25

Was aware of the double tap but that zooms completely in or out. The +/- zoom icon(which would appear in the lower right corner) could be used either by tapping the + or - which would zoom in or out in increments. By holding it would zoom in or out the same as a double tap.

I wasn't aware of the spreading two fingers apart, so that helps, but sure miss the zoom icon.

0 Likes