Family Base?
kjgrwv1

is the ONLY way to get data warning messages when you get close to your limit through the "Family Base" ? All of the users on this plan are over 18 and dont really need to be monitored. So I would like to do away with the added expense if we can STILL get a warning messages when we are close to our limit?

Alos one more question is the call number blocking attached to this also?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Base?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Kjgrwrv1, its nice not to monitor the ones over 18 on your account. Let see about another option to monitor the data usage. While Family Base is not specifically based on the age of the ones using it, it does have the warning message feature that otherise you would monitor the data usage on your own and then relay to the other family members they are about to exceed the data limit. Here's a link that gives some information http://tiny.cc/ybc82x but bear in mind the convenience of using Family Base to take care of that task if you get too busy to do it otherwise. 
EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kjgrwv1

ok is this app part of the family base plan? (see below) as my husband has been useing this to keep track and has alearts set up?

Data Alert.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate the followup, kjgrwv. That is a great tool used to help monitor your data usage. It is a widget that links to your My Verizon account, to help provide these details.

It is a free widget, but does not provide additional safe guards or customization options that Family Base provides.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes