Fake virus warning
ROBNAS18

I keep getting a virus warning on my Android phon internet Chrome and regular Google.  It tells me to logon on to Samphico.Top or togying.pw to clean the virus.  The anti-virus/malware protection I have installed shows no problems.  I keep clearing the cache and browser history but the warning sites keep appearing.  How do I stop this?  I use my Android while I'm at work and it's extremely annoying to have to keep clearing everything and to have it keep appearing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Fake virus warning
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

it sounds like an application installed to your phone is causing some issues.

Start by checking through your installed applications to see what permissions they have. The applications you'll want to pay attention to, are the applications with the permissions "Can draw over other apps" and "Runs at Startup." These permissions, if used for things like music making apps, or free games, tend to be suspect since some developers abuse these to display ads. These virus warnings often come from advertisements.

If you're not able to find anything looking suspect, especially apps that you don't often use, start uninstalling them one by one until the problem stops.

0 Likes
Re: Fake virus warning
ucastil

it's just the tab in which that website popped up that's gonna keep giving you that same message. just close that one tab and you should be good to go. this just happened to me moments ago and it's fixed now. Good luck!

0 Likes