Re: Faint background ringing HTC DNA
Bailey6747
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have just the opposite. To memory I have only had this issue in my home area.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

0 Likes
DragonVerity

So far turning the fast boot off in settings > battery and restarting my phone has been successful.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the status update BKralovec. Rest assured as we are committed to getting this resolved. We want to make sure that we explore all options for you. May I have you send us a private message with your full name and mobile number so we can continue to assist.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to help get to the bottom of this, Bailey6747. When you hear this faint ringing, what zipcode are you in? If it happens again, can you please go to Settings>About>Network while it's occuring and share with us what Mobile Network Type and Signal Strength appear on your phone? Also, when you hear the ring, do you notice if your phone is warmer than usual?

Thanks for sharing

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Bailey6747
Enthusiast - Level 2

It does not matter. It happens in my home zip code and the neighboring

Both of which are 4g areas. After months of dealing with this problem on two separate devices. The only thing that I have noticed is that when it is happening, HTC sense is using a lot of system resources. This leads me to believe that this is a software issue.

0 Likes
mrk2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Verison Rep...why don't you use a HTC DNA at home for a month or so. As I  said earlier, my family has four of these phones. Two were all ready replaced and they still have the ringing problem. I called HTC customer service while the problem was going on. He had no idea how to fix it. I am sick of the lack of attention we are are getting. I pay $300+ a month for my family's phones. Kind of tired of "we want you to be happy with our service" and "we are doing everything we can" Tell us something real. 

0 Likes
Bailey6747
Enthusiast - Level 2

Very well put.

macri
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had this problem with my HTC One from day one. I get the ringing atleast once a day while at work. I've gotten it to stop by using the app LTE on/off and switching to LTE/CDMA only. This disables the EvDo band with is basically 3G. Now, I live in an area where the 4G is pretty widespread so this is working for me. It looks like there is a problem on how the phone switches bands. I've been able to replicate the problem by toggling between LTE, CDMA, and EvDo when I'm in a low service area.

0 Likes
macri
Enthusiast - Level 3

>>Duplicate post removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bailey6747 and community members,

We've worked closely with HTC regarding this and we're working together for a resolution as soon as possible. Currently the only work around is to place a call or to restart the phone. I absolutely appreciate your patience in regards to this concern and look forward to the resolution.

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes