Re: Faint background ringing HTC DNA
BKralovec

Sooperduty wrote:

I received two Droid DNA's last month.  I was out hiking yesterday and heard the exact same sound as you all have described!

At first, I thought it was a Chirp device related to our GPS.  It was coming from my phone.  I did a restart and it went away for now!  Add me to the list of fixer uppers on this!

Customer Service:

This same issue happened to me when I was in a borderline cell reception / roaming area. As soon as I returned to my "home turf" the problem went away.

Please check into the possibility that DNAs don't like a weak signal and burn through the battery trying to find a good cell signal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want to leave you having trouble sending us a message, siphon00. I have sent you a follow request here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me back so you can send me a private message with your name and mobile number, along with the information you were going to send to KinquanaH.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi siphon00,

I understand your discontent with the issues you are experiencing with your device. We are commited to provide you the wireless experience and that includes troubleshooting and replacement options when necessary. We offer Certified Like New Replacements http://vz.to/uyYF0o as a convenience to our valued customers. Your phone includes a one year manufacturers warranty and the alternative to a Certified Like New Replacement is to contact the manufacturer and send the phone to them for repair (this way you keep your own new phone), however, this option will leave you without a phone for days or even weeks. I recommend considering our offer to replace your device or contact the manufacturer online http://www.htc.com/us/ or by phone at 866-449-8358.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi BKralovec,

Great question about your battery life.  If you are in one of our extended areas you will be able to get service. However, the phone will be constantly searching for a better tower and can drain your battery in the process from the searching. This is not only with the DNA all of our devices do constantly search for the best towers. I hope this info helps out.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bailey6747
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ VZW support, this is ridiculous to say the least. We,(VZW customers) pay a premium for our devices and services from you and this is the type of support that we get in return?

Our phones have a serious problem and I for one, am getting a little tired of playing ground hog day with tech support. By that I mean every time I call in to report that I am still have trouble. I have to repeat the issue along with all of the "recommended" fixes that I have tried with my device.

So I have the following suggestions, either give us a software patch to address and correct our issues or replace our phones with another model.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

0 Likes
macri
Enthusiast - Level 3

>Duplicate post deleted. Please follow the post at the link below:<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Bailey6747,

I am sad to hear you are having problems with your phone too. Please let us know exactly what is going on with your phone. There is no news of any new updates as of yet. You can stay on top of them on our news page here http://bit.ly/n5snpq Please let us know what is going on? We are here to help.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Mike009

I have read the entire thread and MAY have some insight to the problem of background ringing. I have a new HTC One. It is 4 days old. Today I experienced the low volume constant ringing. I tried a couple of the proposed app-based solutions but they did not work.

I reset the phone and the ringing stopped. But what caused the ringing? I have AVAST security on my cell. As soon as I reset the HTC one I received an email from the AVAST security system that indicated that my SIM card was removed and my phone we probably stolen.  Obviously the sim card was not actually removed but something in the software thought it was. Could be a hardware, firmware, or purely a software problem, but "maybe" the Verizon and/or HTC people can focus on this area for a solution.

0 Likes
toxdaddy

After several days with no ringing, I had another episode today. Calling my

land line stopped it.

Jon >Personal info removed<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator ><

0 Likes
Bailey6747
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ BobbyS VZW Support, Please read my case report on my account. I have tried every option that Tech support has suggested to no avail. Last night on my drive home the faint ringing started up again. This happened just five days after having my sim card replace at the request of Tech support. As I have stated before I am already on a “replacement” device and it has the same issues that my original device had. At this point I do not want another “refurb” phone but a different device altogether. It is obvious that Tech support does not have a clue as to what is causing the issue therefore why keep playing around with it?

0 Likes