Re: Faint background ringing HTC DNA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mkr2000,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are not having the best experience with yout DNA's. We want you to love the phone your in, and our job is to make sure that it works. Now is the ringing due to anything particular? Phone calls, text, notifications, emergency alerts? With the volume, although you may turn it all the way down on certain things, you must remember that there are master volume controls. This turns off not only the call volume, but also notifications, media and system. I would check that from your settings and volume settings. We want to make sure that everything is working properly so please elaborate on exactly what is sounding off. We look forward to helping.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bailey6747
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue and I am on my second phone. As many of you have already noted, the faint ringing is quite annoying. I also noticed that when it is happening, it is sapping my battery life like crazy. With my first phone, i would get a Sim card error after the ringing would start. After troubleshooting with VZW Tech Support for a couple of days. It was determined that there was a software issue with the device and a refurbished unit was shipped to me. I have had the refurbished unit for about a month or so and the ringing is back. As stated in many posts the only way to make it stop is to either call the device or power it down and re-boot it. Again annoying.

I spoke with VZW Tech support today about this issue. They have asked me to change the fast boot setting on the phone in the battery menu to off. Now I will monitor this for a couple of days to see if the ringing returns. To be quite honest, I am not sure how this effects any thing as the phone is always powered up but hey, its worth a try I guess.

0 Likes
Izeek
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the Facebook app uninstalled for three weeks now and not one incident of the spontaneous ringing. Until proven otherwise, I am convinced that this issue is entirely due to the Facebook app. I have stated my conclusion in the Facebook app reviews and would encourage others to do the same so the glitch will hopefully get addressed. I use the browser mostly for Facebook, but do miss the contact sync (I can live without it if it means I won't be getting woke in the middle of the night).

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If you just want the sync part of it, try UberSync for Facebook in the Play Store.

siphon00
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Verizon Wireless responders here, Firstly you people are idiots.  ITS NOT A APP ISSUE.  the "ringing" is coming from the actual phone speaker that you put to your ear.  I have had droid devices since the first moto droid and I KNOW that every app is disabled, shut down, and everything is running pristine.  The DNA is faulty in several areas including this phantom ringing, terrible wifi radio, among other handicaps.  I would like to thank you so very much for getting rid of the 30 day return policy, as well as not getting the HTC ONE which I wanted and needed but your company had to be absolute idiots about adopting.  I am now stuck with a faulty phone that I did not want in the first place along with thousands of other Verizon customers here.  Thank you so much.  Now don't bother responding in line with something like, "are you sure it isn't an app running" or "did you disable fast boot". WE KNOW OUR PHONES.  FIX THE PROBLEM AND SEND US A PATCH OR OFFER US AN UPGRADE WITHOUT THE TWO YEAR TERM BECAUSE THIS IS REDICULOUS ALREADY!@!!!!!!!!! I'm so ready to leave Verizon, I've been with them since 1998 and this is it. 

Comment edited for content as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
siphon00
Enthusiast - Level 2

<< Duplicate post removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
USMerc

I haven't written in here for a while, but I FOUND THE PERFECT FIX!!!  We started having the problem in March, and weren't able to get it fixed, so we switched her phone over to a Motorola in April!  Frankly, I still Love HTC...I use a Rezound that is absolutely awesome...It isn't as glitzy as the DNA, but IT WORKS PERFECTLY!  There is definitely a major oops in the design of the DNA, so even if it is the Facebook app that's doing it, why isn't it happening on other HTC models, or any of the other makes of phone out there?

0 Likes
agratz

So, your "perfect fix" was to just get a new phone?

0 Likes
USMerc

Yup...after two of the DNA's that both did the same thing, and nobody being able to give us a fix for the problem, or even acknowledging that there WAS a problem, we ditched the DNA and went to something else.  Saved our sanity, so that's a great fix in my opinion!  The DNA has some really cool features, and if it weren't for the ringing problem, would be a fantastic piece of equipment, but since it does have that glitch, we couldn't see our way clear to keep using it.

0 Likes
Bailey6747
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sounds like a plan to me. Mine just started up again. Very frustrating.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

0 Likes