Re: Faint background ringing HTC DNA
ASA12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Both the wife and I have the DNA.  Both of phones do this.  I have tried many many setting changes, no alarms set.  Just happened about 5 minutes ago with my phone.  I have only been able to stop this by resetting the phone. 

0 Likes
Rattleshirt

My DNA is doing the same thing.  It has done it a few times and I can't seem to determine a trigger.  I haven't installed any new software recently either.

0 Likes
Faint background ringing HTC DNA
Dev_n
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update...  Following customer support steps....  removed suspicious apps... no change....did a hard reset....no change....after 2 agonizing hours on the phone, received a new (not like new) replacement for a my month and a half old phone....and it happened again 2 weeks ago.

0 Likes
Rattleshirt

After doing some research, many people seemed to think this was an alarm for high temperature.  So I installed a battery monitor.  Since installing the program I have gotten the ringing noise 2 times and each time my battery temp was showing over 35 degrees Celsius.  Most other times it ranges between 20 and 28 degrees.  I checked to see what was running at the time and didn't see anything out of the ordinary.  For some reason, the phone is heating up drastically causing this alarm to sound.  I am going to contact Verizon and see if they have any advice.

0 Likes
Izeek
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue, an odd ringtone that just starts ringing and never stops. At least it isn't an intrusive ring tone. From what I can tell this ringing issue seems to be a software glitch. My friend has had this phone for a few months and it has happened to him on several occasions and in the month I have had my phone I have had this happen 3 times so far. The most annoying issue is that twice it happened while I was sleeping, and the third time just before going to sleep. Since I usually start charging before I go to bed, I don't see how the temperature could have become an issue in the short time after connecting.I have yet to have it happen when I was not charging, so I wonder if there is something to this fact. I have reported the issue to Verizon and hopefully the glitch will be dealt with in the next update. For now I just dial my voice mail to make the ringing stop.

0 Likes
USMerc

Well...this is fun...My wife's DNA just started doing this.  Thankfully, I found this thread and was able to call her and make it stop...Hopefully, it doesn't start up again, but knowing how these things work, it'll probably start up again while she's in class or with a client...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks everyone for bringing this issue to our attention. I have a Droid DNA myself and have not experienced this issue. Thanks for also trying some troubleshooting steps so that we can find the cause of this issue. I reported this issue to our product team, but I'll need some details from you all. I'll follow everyone in this thread. Please send me a private message with the IMEI for your device (Settings, About, Phone Identity) and your Android version and Software number found under Settings, About, Software information.

Thanks for your help.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Izeek
Enthusiast - Level 2

Attached are screenshots of the information you had requested. I hope this

glitch can be resolved soon.

>Personal info deleted. Also 2nd attachment deleted for same reason<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Izeek
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought I would share some more information in hopes that it will help get this issue resolved; this ringing is becoming quite a nuisance and I am beginning to think I need to warranty the phone. I have usually been able to get this faint ringing to stop by placing a call, but last night the ringing occurred three times within four hours while I was trying to get to sleep. I would call my voice mail to make it stop and it did stop the first two times, although I don't think the call actually went through. The third time I called my voice mail to make the ringing stop I started getting SIM card error messages and the ringing just would not stop; I had to restart the phone to make it stop.

Every time this ringing occurs I have been charging my phone; I charge at night as I am going to bed, but it does not happen every night. I do restart my phone every night a few hours before I begin charging, so I am going to try performing the restart after connecting the charger to see if that makes any difference, since a restart while charging seems to make the ringing stop. I will let you know if my experiment gets any favorable results.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Izeek, thanks for reaching out to us again. I apologize that I was unable to retrieve the IMEI number for your device on the screen shot that you sent. In order to access your account and further assist with your device issue, we will need that information. Please send us a private message with your mobile number so that we can personally reach out to you by phone.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes