Faint background ringing HTC DNA
Dev_n
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had my DNA almost two weeks....  Twice now, the phone will begin emitting a fairly weak ringing sound not similar to any of the ringtones installed.  Did a soft reset the first time and it stopped.  Placed a call the second time and it stopped.  No notifications, No alerts, etc.  Sifted through the screens did not see anything.  Was in a fairly poor coverage area the second time.   Any similar experiences or thoughts or .... Solution????!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Faint background ringing HTC DNA
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Do you have the roaming notification on?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Dev'n,

I have checked my resources and I am not able to find any issues reported with regards to a weak ringing sound for the DNA device. Did you notice if this occured after a particular action or the use of a particular application? If this issue started after the installation of a 3rd party application, please remove such application and test for a while. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Dev_n
Enthusiast - Level 2

Antonio,

Hi!

Little more background...the ringing comes from the earpiece, not the speaker.  It starts randomly and does not stop until you do something to access the earpiece...make a call, take a call, etc.  It had happened 6-7 times since the 26th of December.  Last week I attempted to make it to a verizon store when it started (45 minute drive).. someone called before I made it.  The very nice Verizon assistant looked over the apps and uninstalled heytell and an task killer, and recommended to see if it occurs again.  It did so about 4 hours later.  Called into verizon tech help on a land line so the tech could hear it. He asked to power the phone down and back up.  The ringing persisted through the power down and back up!!!!!!!   The gentleman recommended a factory reset.  Did so about 36 hours ago.  Waiting to see.......

Thanks for looking into this with me!

db

0 Likes
Dev_n
Enthusiast - Level 2

Forgot to add.... It usually starts when asleep...  laying on the desk or in a pocket.  Will try to correlate with what I had done last.

db

0 Likes
The_Tig

I JUST had the same thing happen to me. Randomly, no action, phone was sitting on desk charging, I did a restart and it kept ringing with the initial HTC screen then upon the black restart screen it stopped. This is the first time it's happened.

0 Likes
Jlwld

This has been going on with my phone for the past month. Verizon has yet to determine why it is happening. I did see online that it might have to do with some type of Temperature sensor?

Now it is happening about 2 to three times per day. Not sure what it is but it is annoying.

0 Likes
Jeewx03

Same thing is happening to me.  I usually restart the phone and it goes away.  Last two times it happend while plugged in and both times the battery was at 99%.  It has happened before while in my pocket, can't remember if I had it plugged into my mophie battery or not.  Perhaps it is related to charging/heat production?

0 Likes
Phoenix1987

I have had the same issue, notably when i am in a low service area.  I have had signal ranging from non-existent to 1 notch of 3G service for the last 2 weeks and this has happened to me on 4 occasions, with the most recent being an hour ago.  I have not found a solution for the issue, but i did notice that the ringing is the exact same as "Standard 3" Ringtone found in the default sound options.  The process for that ringtone is not running, so the ringtone cannot be looping.  For me, this issue started when the latest update was pushed out.  This is as much as i have figured out so far.  hope this helps and if someone figures out a fix, i would love to know.

0 Likes
Phoenix1987

One more thing, I had Data Limit Alerts turned ON, but havent come remotely close to my data limit.  I just turned Data Limit Alerts off and will see if this makes a difference.

0 Likes