Facebook contacts pics
KK814
Contributor - Level 1

I did my update last week............after that,all my friends from FB were in my phone list...........too many,that I dont call.....

Found out thru here,how to get rid of them.

But I miss having pics of my contacts(those who I call)............I always had that before the update.............

How can i get those back?? Do I need to have all those unwanted names and numbers from FB,just to get it back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Facebook contacts pics
batins

How did you get rid of the facebook friends contact info?

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

There are (3) parts to Facebook integration (HTC only)

1) Linking to existing contacts

2) Enable/Disable dedicated Facebook contacts

3) Disabling Facebook sync

1) For pictures only (linking) you need to disable Facebook contacts ( People App --> Menu --> View [ Uncheck Facebook ] ) then open your normal contact and link them to the appropriate Facebook account.

2) If you enable FB contacts ( People App --> Menu --> View [ Uncheck Facebook ] ), it will auto match to your existing normal contacts

3) To completely disable Facebook, you'd need to disable sync'ing under Settings --> Accounts and Sync

0 Likes
KK814
Contributor - Level 1

Ok,before i mess anything up,I need to do all 3 parts??

0 Likes
KK814
Contributor - Level 1

TO BATINS.........

Someone on here helped me with that..

Good morning, The problem is that 2.1 has an automatic sync process which will initially sync  Facebook,Google and weather.

You need to go into the following.  Menu/systems/ account & sync. Once there you will need to uncheck the Auto Sync. 

If you wish to remove the contacts based on your Face book account then you will need to tap the Face book icon under the account & sync window. You can choose to remove the account and then re-sync your contacts under the  Google account. Two things two remember. Once you tap into the Google account there are a few options that you need to decide on.  First Background Data. Then decide which way do you wish to sync.  Sync Contacts or Sync Gmail.

Please also keep in mind that as of this morning there is an issue with contacting sync process. As of yet no answer from Google, VZW or HTC. You must make sure that you turn of auto sync and uncheck Background data or the system will keep trying to sync throughout the day.

It took sometime but my contacts are now finally complete and back to normal.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
KK814
Contributor - Level 1

Ok,got the pics back but got all my FB contacts back again...................do I have any choice besides having all my FB friends with pics in my phone list or just having people I call(from FB) without a pic???????

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

You can go into your contact and select menu.

Then select Display Options.

Select your Facebook account and in the drop down uncheck All Contacts.

This will remove all facebook contacts from showing in your phonebook.

0 Likes
KK814
Contributor - Level 1

where is contact  and select menu??

I dont want all the FB contacts to go.............some are in my phone list too.........I just want those to have their FB pic with them,like I did before the upgrade.

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

Unchecking All Contacts will only remove the facebooks contacts that you have not joined to your current phonebook. 

Try People instead of contacts.

The menu key is located next to the home key.

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3

the directions above are no longer correct. The menu is the MENU words to the right of the house on your phone. However the disaply options is not an available option in 2.1. If you goto the contact you want to edit you will see a kind of lock icon in th eupper right. If it is green in th emiddle of that lock it is assoicated with facebook or something else. Click the lock picture regardless if it is green or not.

I removed the current link on mine and clicked done and it removed the picture connected to it.  I readded(linked) to the facebook user I wanted and it automatically filled it in.  If you don't want the Facebook picture, you have to edit the contactand then press the picture in the contact and select camera or photos.  This is completly reverse to how it used to be.

When teh Facebook picture is on there, it will have an "F" with a bluebackground on it indicating it is from Facebook.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes