FREE Extended warranty offered by Motorola
RLH1505

Recently my Motorola Droid XT 926 went dead. Verizon (on line customer support) and my local Verizon store both told me the only thing that could be done was to buy a new phone for $499, since my 2 year contract was not yet completed to be eligible for an upgrade. They did not offer any type of "discounted" replacement. Rather than spend the money, I took it to a local cell phone repair center (called CPR) located in St Pete, Florida. The manager there confirmed my suspicion that the battery was in fact dead, just a few months beyond the 12 month warranty offered by Verizon. Upon checking with Motorola, he informed me that in fact Motorola offers an additional 12 month warranty on many of their phones, but the general public is unaware of. When I returned to my Verizon Store and brought this to their attention, I was told that they had no knowledge of such a program and that "Corporate" had not informed them of any such program! Wonder why? Obviously to take advantage of unsuspecting customers and suck them into paying $499 for a replacement phone! I contacted Motorola with the information given me by the manager of Cell Phone Repair and sure enough they do offer it. So rather than have to buy a new phone through Verizon ($499), Motorola agreed to either repair or replace my existing one, with a turn around time of 5-7 days totally FREE! They even offer Free shipping to and from! One would think the sales staff at Verizon (being the largest retailer in the country for cell phones) would be aware of this and offer this information to their customers. I have spent over $37,000 with Verizon during the past 10 years and this is the type of service a loyal customer gets from Verizon! So, thanks to a small local retailer (CPR, St Pete, FL) and Motorola, my problem was resolved professionally and in a quick manner. I rate both of them A+! No thanks to Verizon (their on-line chat support, their phone support, nor the Store personnel)! I give all of them an F! Hats off to CPR & Motorola! Verizon, your coverage may be the best, but your customer support and sales staff are terrible!

Labels (1)
0 Likes