FIVE months of hell
Thisisinsane_
Enthusiast - Level 2

In may I ordered a replacement phone for a line on our plan for the sixth time in twelve months.  (NO error, twelve months!). We were sent out four phones, three extended batteries and special backs for the phones because of the extended batteries over a period of a week.  All were sent in individual boxes.  The FedEx guy hated our house that week!

They were all different models, the first few did not work so Verizon kept shipping more till we got one that did (sort of!)

We returned ALL of them but on our June bill an equipment charge for just under $500 bucks appeared on our bill.  ???????  I called and they told me I had not returned a phone.  I laughed as none of the phones we were given even worked, they were al refurbished pieces of crap and this was a joke!  And now they were charging me $500?

Anyway, over the past five months Verizon has opened up six "tickets" to find the phone.  It has never been activated, never been found, and they could not assure the tracking number or delivery date.  I have been aging my current bills all along, btw.  Last week a rep suggested I go to my neighbors homes and see if they had received a package for me that had not been delivered to me.  I did and lo and behold my little old lady neighbor who is about ninety went off and rummaging and pulled out an unopened FedEx box for me!  It had been sitting at her house all this time!

Here is the kicker!  I TOOK OT IN TO THE VERIZON STORE AND THEY CALLED CUSTOMER CARE, TOOK THE NUMBERS DOWN OFF THE RECEIPT, AND I WAS ASSURED THAT THIS MESS IS OVER!

Yesterday I bought and added a jet pack and tablet and added it to our lines (we have 😎 and this morning my services have been disconnected because my past due has not been paid (the balance for the aforementioned phone.). OMG

I pay for my grandparents to have phones across the country, my single daughter in law to have a phone, my business to have phones and now this.

There are months of notes on my bill.  I have spent 15 hours on the phone about this matter.  I cannot call verizon as my phone redirects to financial services and they are not open.  My home phone is thought verizon.

I am typing on my iPad that is through AT&T.  Time for Change was a great slogan.  After months of headache, I am finished.  I am not calling Veriizon again.  EVER.  They have lost a client of 15 years.  Actually a family of clients.  The 4g is great, the lack of communication and customer service follow through absolutely sucks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: FIVE months of hell
Twisted_Angel

I'm not sure why they didn't call Fedex and see where they dropped that phone off. They should have a tracking number for that phone.

I've had several phones replaced through Verizon and never had a problem, but yours is a big one for sure. I would be annoyed as well if they shut my phones off for something like this, especially after you found the phone and returned it.

I always tell them it's not okay to drop it off with a neighbor, just because I'm not 100% sure I would receive the package.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Thisisinsane,

I am sorry to learn of the missing phone issue outlined in your post. You are a valued customer and I would not like to see you switching your service due to a delivery error. Please follow me and send me a direct message including your full name and wireless/account number and I will review your account and contact you to further assist you.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Thisisinsane_
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have also had several phones replaced, and NEVER had problems like this.  THIS was delivered to a neighbor, she signed MY name to HELP us and I did not know!  As LONG time clients of Verizon, with monthly bills often totalling over $1000, I would think that Verizon would try to help us out, not alienate us by charging us $500 for a REFURBISHED phone that we truly never saw.

0 Likes
Thisisinsane_
Enthusiast - Level 2

Antonio.. I have sent you my number in a direct message.. I think it will be nothing short of a miracle if you or anyone from Verizon takes care of this.  I have no idea if the phone has been received by you, if my account will be credited... At this point I deserve a free phone for all the harassment that I have gone thorough.  Period.  Or a HUGE credit on my bill.  This is a joke.

0 Likes