Exchange ActiveSync Problems on Droid
jswabash

The company I work for just recently purchased 2 Droids primarily for use for email and calendars. When trying to hook it up with our Microsoft Outlook, we get the message that the exchange activesync requires some features that are not supported by this phone.

Without email capabilities, this phone is basically worthless to us. I've got gmail setup and even my hotmail account set up without any problem, but no luck on the business Microsoft Outlook. I've heard it worked before the 2.0.1 update.

Anyone else have this problem and know of a possible timetable on a solution?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Exchange ActiveSync Problems on Droid
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

jswabash wrote:

The company I work for just recently purchased 2 Droids primarily for use for email and calendars. When trying to hook it up with our Microsoft Outlook, we get the message that the exchange activesync requires some features that are not supported by this phone.

Without email capabilities, this phone is basically worthless to us. I've got gmail setup and even my hotmail account set up without any problem, but no luck on the business Microsoft Outlook. I've heard it worked before the 2.0.1 update.

Anyone else have this problem and know of a possible timetable on a solution?

Sounds like your Exchange server has some extra security settings that are not supported by the native Exchange email client on the Droid. (I am assuming Motorola Droid) You need to look into an email client app called Touchdown (there are others, but that is the one I am familiar with) in the Market. It works well with Exchange servers and extended security.
0 Likes
jswabash

Is Touchdown considered a greater risk to security than if the native email program on the Droid worked like it should?

I'm just hesitant to go thru a third party on emails for security reasons.

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

jswabash wrote:

Is Touchdown considered a greater risk to security than if the native email program on the Droid worked like it should?

I'm just hesitant to go thru a third party on emails for security reasons.

There is no greater security risk when using Touchdown. It siimply has the ability to accept some of the extended security items that can be implemented via your Exchange server and Activesync. (ie. remote wipe) The native app just doesn't support these extened security features. If they were to be disabled on your server then the native app would work as advertised.
0 Likes