Ever since the Lollipop update, I randomly don't receive group texts...
ChaseBC127
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I fix this???  It is extremely frustrating as texting is the primary function of my phone.  It is especially frustrating because there is no way to know which texts you aren't receiving.  I have had to ask other friends who are in the group text what is going on and if/what I missed.

I cannot identify any pattern.  I haven't received texts from both Android and iPhone users.  It is never the same people; it seems to rotate around.  Some days it works just fine, other days it doesn't work at all.  This also seems to be a Verizon issue, as my other friends with the S5 through other providers are not having these issues.

I appreciate the latest patch that seemed to resolve a number of other Lollipop issues (i.e. Contacts has crashed messages throughout the day), but not receiving texts is SOOOOOOOOO frustrating.  I am extremely close to leaving Verizon and moving to a new provider.

Please help me with a solution!  And yes, I have tried a factory reset.  Yes, I keep mobile data enabled.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ever since the Lollipop update, I randomly don't receive group texts...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ChaseBC127,
This would frustrate me as well. I am sorry that you are having these group messages. I have heard of a few other people having these issues as well. One thing that I was told by Samsung is that the person sending the message would need to ensure that you are the first recipient in order to receive the message, but this isn't the case with all phones. We are working close with Samsung to get all issues resolved ASAP.  As soon as this issues are fully addressed it will be released to all users. I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
88DaveS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having serious delays in receiving group text.  Earlier today I was part of group text and at 1600 hours I received a text sent at 1155 hours and then the remainder of the chain of text up to 1430 hours.  All of these were sent by iPhone users but this kind of delay is not acceptable even across platforms.  please help me resolve this

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I very much understand how important it is to receive messages in a timely manner! Were you connected to Wi-Fi when this was occurring? Did issues occur right after the update?
YosefT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
88DaveS
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue got much worse after the update.  Was seeing delays around 30 minutes before update.   I may have been on WiFi,  I keep turning it off but it turns it self back on without my knowledge.   This also started after the update

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for the additional insight. How much memory is currently available on the device? ( Settings > Storage ) May I ask what you're using as the default message application? ( Settings > Applications > Default Apps > Messages) Have you recently cleared text threads on the device?
YosefT_VZW
0 Likes
88DaveS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 727mb available and I'm using the Samsung default messaging.   My son who has a Galaxy S3 is also having the same issue.   His friends are also iphone users.   Is there an issue getting imessage to mms

0 Likes
88DaveS
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I haven't cleared the threads

0 Likes