Eris won't dial...
Bisaacson12

I have had my eris for about three weeks and like it OK.  The main issue I have had is that the phone - erratically - chooses not to dial.  I try every way to get the phone to dial a number.  Through the shortcuts, through people, through the contacts book....and it is not related to which number.  It does seem to be when I am driving - which makes it all the more frustrating.  I have service in these areas, and the area varies.  It worked after I powered the phone down completely and rebooted, but I shouldn't have to power down regularly to get the phone to work, should I?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Eris won't dial...
truelove79
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ah yes, welcome to being an Eris owner.  You will have to reboot the phone every once in a while to combat bugs like this.  There are many of them.  Sometimes it won't dial, sometimes the keyboard won't work, etc. etc.  I love the phone and expect it to improve as updates are released, but it is far from being bug free.  I don't know whether to blame android or the sense UI, but sometimes the phone is just dumb.

0 Likes
Re: Eris won't dial... NOR WILL DROID
SFroomkin
Contributor - Level 1

I'm experiencing this same problem the last few days on the Droid.  It simply won't make a call.  Is this a common bug, or is this something where I should return the Droid and get a new one?

0 Likes
Re: Eris won't dial... NOR WILL DROID
truelove79
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds like an android problem in which case getting a new phone won't solve it.  I've only experienced it once since I got the phone back in November.

0 Likes