Eris upgrade picture problem!
LisaB38

SInce the last update, all of my pictures are converted to MMS in text messages which means my mother and others withouth smartphones are not able to see them, not to mention the whole process of converting takes time and is cumbersome! What the heck happened with this and the other updates??? I used to LOVE this phone and now it is just a paperweight! :smileymad:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Eris upgrade picture problem!
Joe_Evaristo
Contributor - Level 1

Pictures always convert to MMS, that's how they're sent regardless of what phone you're using. Most likely the problem you're noticing is that they're being converted to slideshows--I, and a bunch of other users have been reporting the same problem since the latest update. You've probably noticed that pictures you receive now only play for 5 seconds as well, right?

About the only thing you can do is submit a ticket to HTC for support. They're not going to help you because they refuse to acknowledge that it's a problem. But if more users start reporting it and tying up their support resources, they're going to have to fix this bug eventually. Just make sure you're specific about what the problem is, and referring to it with the correct terminology.

0 Likes
Re: Eris upgrade picture problem!
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
You can always download a different messaging app from the market. I use handcent and haven't had this problem.
0 Likes