Eris or Droid? or wait????
ItsLukeThePuke

Ok so i am taking my dads update on Nov. 28th and i need to know which phone would be better for me? I like to text allot and i like to have a physical keyboard but I have heard the Eris's virtual keypad is superb and that the Droids physical keyboard is hard and stiff. The Sense UI and the Android 2.0 are both great so id have either one also i don't care about size i like the fact that Droid is big but is it to big? Also is it even worth it to buy either phone or should i just wait a month or so until a new phone comes out? Which does anybody know of any new android phones coming out soon that might be better than the droid Or the Eris?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Eris or Droid? or wait????
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Here is a video review from phonescoop on the Droid-->Video review Droid

I have the HTC G1 which is similar to the Droid phone. Love the features on the phone. I got to say that Android rocks. I love it.  Actually would recommend trying out the Droid.

0 Likes
Re: Eris or Droid? or wait????
ajames2281

I think only you will be able to make that decision after viewing both phones in person. I just bought the Droid on Friday evening and more I use it the more I love it. I came from Tmobile and a Blackberry.

When I first saw it in person (after doing so much r esearch on line and on youtube) what struck me most was that it was not as large as I was expecting. I certainly wanted a large phone, but I was expecting a brick for some reason. It's a nice size, and still fits nicely in my shirt pocket. It's a handsome phone, definately masculine (I do wonder how females like it). Everybodys mileage will vary with the keyboard. I personally like the option. Most work so far i've done has been in portrait mode so obviously I am using tre portait virtual keyboard. Surprisingly in two days I am becoming faster. I am not a small guy either.

I also viewed the Eris as well and was struck at its clean smootth lines and the rubberized back. Did not seem cheap in any capacity. It''s a nice looking phone as well, smaller than the Droid and has a nice feel. I sort of wish the Eris' lines and feel were incorporated into the Droids size. But I like the Droid as it's a very strong piece of hardware. Looks great and is power in the making.

0 Likes