Eris cursor moves by itself
maidmoron

Just remembered about another problem I'm having with the HTC Droid Eris.  This was happening both before and after the update.

Occasionally, while I'm operating the phone, it will move selections around, scrolling a webpage by itself, jumping to the various clickable elements, while all I'm doing is holding the phone without touching the screen or any buttons/scroll wheel. It's pretty spooky, but more annoying than anything else.

Anyone else seen this?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Eris cursor moves by itself
eedanger

yes. I, too, have that issue. It behaves as though the trackball was scrolling left and while that is happening, the touchscreen doesn't respond to touch or the response is delayed. I did soft resets and a device wipe and still have the issue. I installed OS Monitor so I could see which, if any. app is causing this. It seems that Touch Input pops up even though the screen is not touched. Unless there is some foreign matter under my trackball or screen, I could only conclude that it is a software glitch of some kind that I hope will be addressed in a future update.

0 Likes
ITPag

It's a hardware issue and has to do with the proximity of the trackball sensor and the USB port.  Call VZW, they will give you a new phone.  

0 Likes
grace2you

glad I'm not crazy!  I can't use the phone when it is plugged in and recharging because it does just thst....very frustrating!

I need to call VZW tomorrow ... i doubt if theyll send me a new one, but I'll add my complaint.

grace2you.

0 Likes