Eris cannot be activated
Monsterzilla

I just got the new Eris yesterday. I attempted to call *228 for activation and I got a "Roaming data update" message from another local provider. I took the phone intoVverizon twice now and they are still unable to fix this issue and get the phone working correctly. Luckily, while I was in the store, a guy came in with a phone that had been working fine and is phone is now doing the same thing as mine is. We were both told this was a glitch between HTC and Google.

Any others experiencing this? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Eris cannot be activated
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Monsterzilla wrote:

I just got the new Eris yesterday. I attempted to call *228 for activation and I got a "Roaming data update" message from another local provider. I took the phone intoVverizon twice now and they are still unable to fix this issue and get the phone working correctly. Luckily, while I was in the store, a guy came in with a phone that had been working fine and is phone is now doing the same thing as mine is. We were both told this was a glitch between HTC and Google.

Any others experiencing this? 

did you get your phone from ebay?

a while ago someone posted the same thing occurring and said they had purchased their phone over ebay from few states away.

becasue the phone was from another state, it was programmed to the towers there.  so they had to reprogram the phone to the nearest tower in order for it to work.

0 Likes